Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The great gizmo race article

Interesting article that sidesteps a more important point: As more immersive technology is installed in vehicles, distracted drivers are multiplying in droves, to the detriment of us all.

Today's drivers want a "den on wheels," and the automakers are all too willing to oblige them before a competitor does. If it's this bad now, what does the future hold? I was nearly side-swiped twice last week; in both cases, the drivers were texting. I was behind another driver who was going twenty in a forty-five. . . completely oblivious, texting. He was weaving in his lane as well.

I'd like to sponsor a bill to have the police confiscate any driver's hand-held cell phone or mobile device not being used for an emergency, place it behind their rear tire and make them back over it.

I not a technophobe, just tired of clueless folks that endanger the rest of us. Rant complete. :(

What say you?

CC

As of June 1st our province Has followed the lead of others and has instituted a distracted drivers legislation. Focus is aimed directly at hand held cell use. Hands free is OK. I belive the driver can also get a ticket for driving while trying to perform other tasks that take their attention away from driving. Activities like eating,putting make up on, and the one that I have to worry about brushing my hair.

I'm all for it, but they need to add the idiots in the left lane talking on their cell phone at 5 below the speed limit, too. I don't know when it started but the fast lane has become the "cellphone lane" and its ****ing me off daily!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom