Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Original Concept for the XLR

ECurtis

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004, Xenon Blue XLR
Everyone,

I was talking to government sources at the FBI's X-Files division and the original concept was not the Evoq or the Cien!! Those were just concepts promoted to lead you away from the truth!
The original concept for the XLR was actually developed in secret by the government in conjuntion with Lockheed. In fact the first concept came out around 1985. GM designers knew someone who knew someone who also knew someone else who knew the right person and got word of the design. GM then petitioned the government to help develop the design. Years later the government would exact a heavy price by demanding part ownership in GM.
Well that concept is this!

F-117 pic 5.jpg F117-pic 1.jpg F-117 pic 2.jpg

The F-117 Nighthawk Stelth Aircraft! :patriot:

Yes, if you have long suspected it, it is true!

Of course GM realized that in order to meet there price point between $75K-$100K (for the V) they would have the make some changes.

First, scale this baby way down. It originally was going to be as big as a big rig! :(

images-size.jpg

Then when the jet engines (Oh no!) along with a significant amount of horse power (Darn)! This also helped to meet fuel economy standards.

They also eliminated the wings and tail (This is why we can't have this baby flyi off the road in heavy traffic). They also changed the tires and rims for street driving. The rims were definitely an improvement!

The next thing they did was work on the convertible top. They realized the first convertible top was too rudamentary for a high end luxury vehicle.

F_117_NightHawk_29.jpg

They also realized that the vehicle had to have a least two seats! Think of what date night would be like if it only had one seat. You would arrive to your destination in the XLR and your signicant other would have to either drive their own vehicle, take a bus, train or taxi. What that would be like. Okay in some cases that would be just fine, but in general that's just wrong. You want to be together. So the car had to have two seats. There were some designers who insisted that the vehicle have four seats, but they were out voted and reassigned to the CTS program. :nono:

The designers also realized that they needed to make the XLR in more than just Black Raven. So they experimented with some rather unique color schemes, one of which is shown below:

imagesCA5LHL9N-stars.jpg

I rather like this although it never made it to the final colors. Instead we have our great colors such as Xenon Blue, Crimson Red, Alpine White, Black Cherry Black Raven Crystal Red Elektra Blue, Platinum, Gray Flannel and Radiant Silver. Sorry if I left anyone out or mis-stated a color name.

Anyway that is how we really got the XLR. Do not believe the stories about development from the Cien or Evoq or Corvette. That is just mis-informtaion to keep you from the real truth!

Remember, the truth is out there and now we have it! :blinzel:

I especially want to that Special Agents who I will designate "M" and "S" who helped find this information! :laugh:

I admire your source for sticking to the script, but the real story is a little more Hollywood. The above was the agreed upon cover story if anyone ever was cornered. They came and briefed some of us on the Stealth program and got permission from the Pentagon.

The real prototype was the "ficticious" :rolleyes: MIG-31 FireFox from the Clint Eastwood movie of the same title.

GM liked the Stealth , but wanted something faster, sleeker, more futuristic. So the Govt gave them the plans for the Firefox including the touchscreen displays and the voice recognition interface. But only if they agreed to keep the above cover story.

I admire your source for sticking to the script, but the real story is a little more Hollywood. The above was the agreed upon cover story if anyone ever was cornered. They came and briefed some of us on the Stealth program and got permission from the Pentagon.

The real prototype was the "ficticious" :rolleyes: MIG-31 FireFox from the Clint Eastwood movie of the same title.

GM liked the Stealth , but wanted something faster, sleeker, more futuristic. So the Govt gave them the plans for the Firefox including the touchscreen displays and the voice recognition interface. But only if they agreed to keep the above cover story.

Very nice!

I can definitely see that your story is plausible, but I have to stick with Special Agents "M" and "S" on this one.

Also Special Agents "M" and "S" said to watch out for this guy. He did not like that any of this information came out (both yours and mine)!

wvnOO.jpg

He may also be joined by this guy and his dog!

wall-eyed-man.jpg funny-derp-dog-black-pug.jpg

Be careful my friend! :ugh:

Is that why there is one in the basement at area 51?

I think I should send you two a bill for having to clean my living room from ALL this stinky brown stuff that just came running out of my monitor!:pat:

Is that why there is one in the basement at area 51?

I am not at liberty to either confirm nor deny....

horses (inside joke, ask me in person)

:laugh::laugh:

I think I should send you two a bill for having to clean my living room from ALL this stinky brown stuff that just came running out of my monitor!:pat:
Are you sure that's not the smell of a skunk? :lol:

Gizmo, that's probably the coolest thing (morphing picture or whatever it is) I've seen in a while!
Bruce

Gizmo, that's probably the coolest thing (morphing picture or whatever it is) I've seen in a while!
Bruce

The original theme for Elwood was Firefox, then Cubby renamed it... or was it Mark... oh well I've slept since then. I liked the obvious connections so much I accepted it and ran with.

Here's another morph I did my first year:

Whatever you do don't touch it!

That's highly unusual. I will have to get the special agents to open an X-File!!!! :lol:

The original theme for Elwood was Firefox, then Cubby renamed it... or was it Mark... oh well I've slept since then. I liked the obvious connections so much I accepted it and ran with.

Here's another morph I did my first year:

I really like that one, :worship: is that actually an 09 or is it your car with its sneaky vents?

I'm sure glad that they changed the voice recognition language. My Russian is beyond pathetic.

:chuckle

Tim

I really like that one, :worship: is that actually an 09 or is it your car with its sneaky vents?

It actually an 09 pic I found on the interwebs!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom