Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The steering wheel vibrates when speed up to 75 mph

Davidjane

My XLR/V(s)
2009 Cadillac XLR-V
Hi guys, I'm David. I have a 2009 Cadillac XLR-V. I changed tires with Michelin CrossClimate 2 with tire size 235/45r19 at Michelin CrossClimate 2 Review of 2022: a Groundbreaking All-Season Tire - Tireer.com . Even though the tire change center told me they had balanced the tires, when I was on the highway, up to 75mph, the steering wheel was very shaking. Just decelerate to 60mph and the above phenomenon disappears. Please help me! Is the tire mechanic not balancing the tire correctly? or has anyone experienced a similar situation?

Last edited:
I would jack it up and see if you could wiggle the wheel . You can check any worn wheel bearings that way. also alignment could cause a vibration if the wheels are toed in or out but that usually causes the car to pull to one side .And of course there is always the fact the guy could have missed the balance and got it off. if the car was smoot before the tire swap I would have him check them again. Also if its a directional tire make sure they installed them pointing the proper way.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom