Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Theft System light on

MarkSki

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Thunder Grey XLR
As I was going to work tonight I came to a stop and the theft/lock light came on. After getting to work and shutting the car off I restarted the car and the light remains on.

Our wonderful Owner's Manual just says to see the dealer for service!

Any idea what went/is wrong to cause the light to come on?

As I was going to work tonight I came to a stop and the theft/lock light came on. After getting to work and shutting the car off I restarted the car and the light remains on.

Our wonderful Owner's Manual just says to see the dealer for service!

Any idea what went/is wrong to cause the light to come on?

Odd that your XLR restarted. Are both doors & trunk shut properly? You will likely need to get the codes scanned to diagnose further.

Odd that your XLR restarted. Are both doors & trunk shut properly? You will likely need to get the codes scanned to diagnose further.

After working 9 hours and the car sitting, I used the FOB to unlock the doors and the car started without a problem. The Theft light came on during the startup test then shut off with the rest of the warning lights and I have not seen it come back on.

I'm going to change the battery in the FOB. That could be the case, I really don't know.

Chubby any ideas??:dunno:

If your 12 volt battery is fairly old, it might also be a contributor. XLRs do many weird things when the battery isn't in good condition.

This is true I just replace Roxy battery before I changed the battery it was running odd and do other wired things! I agree have your battery tested! I replaced mine with Sears best DieHard Gold $144.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Have you not been as kind & attentive to her as you should lately? Lusting after other cars perhaps? I think she just wants to get your attention! :squint:

Seriously, I think our cars just get little gremlins now & then that if we're lucky, move on with no harm done. I have a pretty new battery in mine, but every now & then when I put the top up & then the windows, my passenger window decides it needs re-indexing. So far I just fix it & it stays fine for many months. Hopefully your situation will turn out the same.

Have you not been as kind & attentive to her as you should lately? Lusting after other cars perhaps? I think she just wants to get your attention! :squint:

Seriously, I think our cars just get little gremlins now & then that if we're lucky, move on with no harm done. I have a pretty new battery in mine, but every now & then when I put the top up & then the windows, my passenger window decides it needs re-indexing. So far I just fix it & it stays fine for many months. Hopefully your situation will turn out the same.

Mine is when the top goes down then it says top not secure. I just stop and recycle half way the trunk, then close the trunk, and it's better.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mine is when the top goes down then it says top not secure. I just stop and recycle half way the trunk, then close the trunk, and it's better.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

There's a tread on that somewhere in here. Do a search. Your top locks in the down position also if I remember correctly. And if it's not locking in the down side, you may get two little "dings" from the screws in the cover!

I left the garage door open and she watched me was the Vette and use spray wax when I was towel drying it off. Then I drove it to work that night. You think that might have done it?

As for the battery it's fairly new and when either is parked in the garage I have both on a batter tender. I'm with you, I think it's just a fluke with all of the electronics somethings bound to hickup.

I've had to re-index my passender's window a couple of times this summer for no other reason that when shutting it, it would shut then open to 1/2 open/closed.

I'm going to change the batteries in both FOB's. I have no idea how old they are since I bought the car used last July and I've had the DIC report no fob a couple of times while I was sitting in the car with the fob in my right pocket and that's where the antennas are.

I left the garage door open and she watched me was the Vette and use spray wax when I was towel drying it off. Then I drove it to work that night. You think that might have done it?

You cheated on her with a Vette? That will definitely do it! You're lucky you didn't get a dash full of ugly messages. . .

Your lucky she even start it!
Can we say EXTREMELY JEALOUS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC