Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Think I'll keep him.

S

Smoothran

I've possibly been one of the biggest complainers on this forum about these cars. I was thinking I'd never introduced myself originally, just jumped right in.

I'm a smooth jazz lover. Been listening forever hence Smoothran. My name is Randolph.

I have a 2015 Silverado LTZ dually which is used to pull my 5th wheel as well as my daily driver. My wife has an Audi A6. I have a Jaguar S Type which is my daily driver when I'm in Seattle. And lastly the XLR which is here in St. Louis.

My plan is to leave the Cadillac here while I travel because I retired from my job this past May. My father lives in St Louis which means I'll be back and forth. It'll be my transportation here.

Well, I said all of this to say I think I'll keep him. I was on the fence about it for a bit. It's been freezing cold here the past couple weeks and 11 degrees a couple of those days. I've been gone and my car has been outside in the cold (just chillin). Expected it would be dead or problems cranking with that weather. Touched the button and the window indexed as normal. Slipped in and pressed the button and it did its thing like I've been driving it the whole time. Made me sooo proud. Drove it around for a while. Seats heated up nicely. Everything is working properly. So I think I will keep him. This lets me know it'll be a dependable car when I need it.

Merry Christmas to you all and may the New Year bring parts availability to our XLRs.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Do you have it hooked up to a battery tender? If not then I would recommend you get a good one from your local auto parts store. That is if you don't drive it for awhile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have it hooked up to a battery tender? If not then I would recommend you get a good one from your local auto parts store. That is if you don't drive it for awhile

What is a battery tender?

Search is your friend. The benefits of a Battery Tender (or equally good Battery Minder; these are brand names, not adjectives) have been posted on this site for years. No need to re-write it here.

CC

Glad you decided to keep him. Really amazed it started for you in those temps & after sitting for a while. Definitely a "keep me, keep me!" omen! :thumbsup

Search is your friend. The benefits of a Battery Tender (or equally good Battery Minder; these are brand names, not adjectives) have been posted on this site for years. No need to re-write it here.

CC
Thanks but why reply if to say you're not willing to help. The time spent writing what you wrote could have answered the question. Yes I could search but I thought someone would answer it. Merry Christmas...

What a quaint reply. Maybe cause it will help you understand why you may need a battery tender instead of just telling you that you need one? Why regurgitate information when it's there for the asking with a simple search. You could have found the info yourself in less time it took to write your response

Tender

What a quaint reply. Maybe cause it will help you understand why you may need a battery tender instead of just telling you that you need one? Why regurgitate information when it's there for the asking with a simple search. You could have found the info yourself in less time it took to write your response

Smoothran,

CC has already typed in prior post a very detailed explanation of WHAT a tender is and WHY you need it. So have others. It is a good thing to get comfortable with the SEARCH function, mainly because almost everything about our cars has been asked and answered. With search you won't need to wait for a reply. I bought my Battery Tender at Wal-Mart for about $27. Easy as pie. Good luck with the search and your X.

There is a tremendous amount of useful information within this site contributed by members over the years. For members who don't often contribute, just once posting the description of a problem and how it was repaired by a shop can be invaluable to others later on.

The two most-discussed subjects in the Technical section are probably problems relating to the Folding Top and those relating to Batteries.

When a member asks a new question that hasn't been covered before, I'll take a shot at it, but in cases where the answer has been elaborated on extensively, a little self-help is often more educational. In those cases, a Search is warranted. It also teaches members unfamiliar with the function how powerful it can be as a resource.

I wasn't trying to blow anyone off; in fact, quite the contrary.

For those owners looking to expand their knowledge of the XLR, a few hours spent reading through the many posts archived here is time well-spent.

It isn't important to remember every detail contained herein, but rather knowing the information is located here --somewhere. Search really is a friend to all. I use it extensively on all the sites I frequent.

CC :wave:

Last edited:
There is a tremendous amount of useful information within this site contributed by members over the years. For members who don't often contribute, just posting the description of a problem and how it was repaired by a shop can be invaluable to others later on.

The two most-discussed subjects in the Technical section are probably problems relating to the Folding Top and those relating to Batteries.

When a member asks a new question that hasn't been covered before, I'll take a shot at it, but in cases where the answer has been elaborated on extensively, a little self-help is often more educational. In those cases, a Search is warranted. It also teaches members unfamiliar with the function how powerful it can be as a resource.

I wasn't trying to blow anyone off; in fact, quite the contrary.

For those owners looking to expand their knowledge of the XLR, a few hours spent reading through the many posts archived here is time well-spent.

It isn't important to remember every detail contained herein, but rather knowing the information is located here --somewhere. Search really is a friend to all. I use it extensively on all the sites I frequent.

CC :wave:

I agree 100%!! I subscribed and "lurked" on this and other forums like it for the nearly two years between committing to purchase an XLR and finding the exact one I was searching for. This is an amazing resource and am very grateful to all who contribute to it. I can only hope to give back in equal measure all I've learned and help save others countless hours trying to figure a problem out. [emoji41]

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back