Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Third Brake Light Repair

GizmoQ

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V; 1996 Eldorado ESC-V
Being a mod on the CadillacForums give me the opportunity to see and meet a vast array of Cadillac Enthusiasts. One of those is Rush Nash of Rush Repair. Rush has been doing Third Brake Light Repairs/Upgrades for 03-07 Cadillac CTS/CTS-Vs for a few years and when one of the bulbs of mine developed a short, I took it to him for repair. I didn't have to worry about shipping the unit to and from him because he is local to me. He has a 4 day turn-around plus shipping time. We talked for a while prior to the repair and he was very stright forward and honest about never having done an XLR before. He explained the three different methods he uses and told me he'd let me know how it was going in a couple days. Elwood was to be in a Car Show the following weekend and he agreed to have it done in plenty of time. And he did everything he promised.

I have to get me an advanced kit! Are you happy dealing with this guy?

The answer is a resounding YES! But.....

He talked to me after the repair and said he didn't like what he had to do to accomplish the repair and didn't think he'd be adding XLRs to his repertoire. For the CTS, he bakes the lens till the silicone heats up enough for him to separate the lens from the housing. The baking process didn't work for my lens, so he had to meticulously cut the housing to remove the lens, replace the LEDs, then glue the housing and lens back together. The workmanship was outstanding, but as he said to me he lost money in the deal because it was three times the labor of the CTS.

I guess I should have taken pictures of it before and after he got it, but I didn't. I will go out to the garage tomorrow and take pictures of the repaired light in place.

Phrede you are more than welcome to call him and mention my name, but without offering him an "XLR premium" over his base price, I anticipate he'll decline.

Here is his information that I got off his website (see link below):

Rush Repair
ATTN: Rush Nash
1508 Avion Ridge Dr.
Suite 304
Arnold, MO 63010

Hours:
Mon - Fri: 8AM - 5PM (Central Time)
Sat: 10AM - 3PM (Central Time)
Sun: Closed

Email: rushnash3@yahoo.com
Phone: (314) 471-5717

Rush Repair - RUSH REPAIR: - Arnold, MO
03 04 05 06 07 Cadillac cts Brake Light Rebuild Third Brake Light Repair | eBay

Disclaimer: I am in now way affiliated nor profiting from this person or his business, just a satisfied customer. All information above about this person and his business is readily available on the internet from his own website. My opinions are just that my opinions, your mileage may vary.

Thanks, I've already sent him an email. I expect adding the advanced control is not an option, but maybe. It depends on how deep the LED wiring is.

The CTS third lamps are a neon rather then a LED lamp. They all go bad. The redesigned '09 CTS third lamp went back to a LED setup.

It's not a silicone...it's a thermoplastic that holds the CTS lamps together. The XLR lamps use a different material.

Anyway, not to brag and not to spam...but we do service the XLR third brake lights. Please see www.ledfix.com

We repair the actual OEM circuit boards and LED's. We do not replace the boards with mystery LED replacements.

Questions...let us know.

Logan Diagnostic

I have not had a problem with mine, but this is good information to have!

I checked out your website......some good information there!

Knowledge is power!

No affiliation with this vendor

Thank you!

Just wanted to thank you for this. I have found it is much easier to see bad feedback than good, so this made my day. Hope all is well and enjoy.

Rush

Being a mod on the CadillacForums give me the opportunity to see and meet a vast array of Cadillac Enthusiasts. One of those is Rush Nash of Rush Repair. Rush has been doing Third Brake Light Repairs/Upgrades for 03-07 Cadillac CTS/CTS-Vs for a few years and when one of the bulbs of mine developed a short, I took it to him for repair. I didn't have to worry about shipping the unit to and from him because he is local to me. He has a 4 day turn-around plus shipping time. We talked for a while prior to the repair and he was very stright forward and honest about never having done an XLR before. He explained the three different methods he uses and told me he'd let me know how it was going in a couple days. Elwood was to be in a Car Show the following weekend and he agreed to have it done in plenty of time. And he did everything he promised.

He talked to me after the repair and said he didn't like what he had to do to accomplish the repair and didn't think he'd be adding XLRs to his repertoire. For the CTS, he bakes the lens till the silicone heats up enough for him to separate the lens from the housing. The baking process didn't work for my lens, so he had to meticulously cut the housing to remove the lens, replace the LEDs, then glue the housing and lens back together. The workmanship was outstanding, but as he said to me he lost money in the deal because it was three times the labor of the CTS.

I guess I should have taken pictures of it before and after he got it, but I didn't. I will go out to the garage tomorrow and take pictures of the repaired light in place.

Phrede you are more than welcome to call him and mention my name, but without offering him an "XLR premium" over his base price, I anticipate he'll decline.

Rush Repair
1508 Avion Ridge Dr.
Suite 304
Arnold, MO 63010

Hours:

Disclaimer: I am in now way affiliated nor profiting from this person or his business, just a satisfied customer. All information above about this person and his business is readily available on the internet from his own website. My opinions are just that my opinions, your mileage may vary.

Hello Logan,

I have heard good things about Logan Diagnostics and do send him referrals for lights that we do not do. We just get so much business for the lights we do have and the parts we do have, we have not expanded to other lights, because I am currently going for my Masters. Once that is done we plan to expand. In response to his comment about mystery LED's, we do not use mystery LED's, we use High Intensity, Commercial Grade LED's that are red in color and will pass any inspection requirements. Happy to help anyone in need. Have a great day and a Happy Holidays!

Rush

The CTS third lamps are a neon rather then a LED lamp. They all go bad. The redesigned '09 CTS third lamp went back to a LED setup.

It's not a silicone...it's a thermoplastic that holds the CTS lamps together. The XLR lamps use a different material.

Anyway, not to brag and not to spam...but we do service the XLR third brake lights. Please see www.ledfix.com

We repair the actual OEM circuit boards and LED's. We do not replace the boards with mystery LED replacements.

Questions...let us know.

Logan Diagnostic

Rush Nash

Thank you for the business and referrals, we are happy to assist anyone in need.

Thanks, I've already sent him an email. I expect adding the advanced control is not an option, but maybe. It depends on how deep the LED wiring is.

Lokin Good Gizmo

Love the pic of you standing by your car, looks bad ass. Hope you are doing well.

Rush

Rush Repair
1508 Avion Ridge Dr.
Suite 304
Arnold, MO 63010

Hours:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom