Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2013 XLR Bowling Green Plant Homecoming - Sept 28th, 2013

It is kind of an "inside joke" from when we where there the last time and someone was going up on a ladder to take pictures. Plant security saw it on the cameras and cried foul. It seems the ladder was not authorized by the safety team and did not have a sticker on it, or some such thing.

2011-07-16-10h08m19.jpg

2011-07-16-10h42m40.jpg

Hey Schooley, looks like you are going to have more than one sailor to deal with on this trip.

Yea, but Bowling Green is land locked so you guys will be like fish out-of-water.......

Far more Army bases in Kentucky than Navy "boats"

See you at Bowling Green,,,and don't forget your anchor! (Of course we are not referring to Miss Bling)

Steve

Sandy came up with a great idea and I wonder how the group feels about incorporating it into the festivities.

There are a lot of new folks on here, and the weather is getting nicer.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, and it really doesn't seem to happen frequently at all, but please be sure you know how to manually raise your convertible top if you're out and it gets stuck.

There are instructions on how to do it in the manual ( or at http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam...s/01_images/2007_cadillac_xlr_xlrv_owners.pdf) , but please realize that you'll need either the special tool that came with the car or a T-15 torx screwdriver and an 8mm allen wrench.

I hope none of us will ever need them, but it sure is helpful to have them in case you do.

It's also a good idea to take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the process in case you'll ever have to do it. No one wants to learn it "on the fly"!

Happy Top Down Driving!!!

I have never tried this either, :dunno: and I have owned the car for two years. Do you have the 'Special Tool' you are speaking of? Post a picture please.

I did make sure my key worked the bumper lock and that all the cable releases do work as intended. Perhaps you or someone could do a demonstration of the emergency/manual top operation at the Homecoming?!

OOOOhhhh.... That's a great idea - having XLR seminars at the Homecoming.

I could get with Phrede & 1BADXLR and come up with 20-30 minutes on suspension dynamics and Corvette suspension comparisons or maybe even something as simple as an overview of things to consider when adding non-OEM wheels.

XLRATING and Cubby could do something on detailing. ;)

sschooley could inform us how to send your car on road trips while you relax at home :chuckle

Tiffany's Dad could give a presentation on packing the trunk. :laugh::laugh:

graytoad can expound on the grandeur of Canada although she winters in Florida :confused:

etc., etc., etc.,

But seriously I think this is a great idea, what say you?????

Sandy came up with a great idea and I wonder how the group feels about incorporating it into the festivities.

I could get with Phrede & 1BADXLR and come up with 20-30 minutes on suspension dynamics and Corvette suspension comparisons or maybe even something as simple as an overview of things to consider when adding non-OEM wheels.

sschooley could inform us how to send your car on road trips while you relax at home :chuckle

graytoad can expound on the grandeur of Canada although she winters in Florida :confused:

etc., etc., etc.,

Gizmo could exhibit the wonders of starter durability by using his every 15 minutes :wave:

etc., etc., etc.,

I like the way you think. :rocker:

I seriously wonder if any of us would know how to do the manual top up/down by hand if we had to in a emergency ?? I read it in the manual but not the same as doing! Just saying I think that would be a good seminar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Yea, but Bowling Green is land locked so you guys will be like fish out-of-water.......

Far more Army bases in Kentucky than Navy "boats"

See you at Bowling Green,,,and don't forget your anchor! (Of course we are not referring to Miss Bling)

Steve

Just FYI. There are 2 major bases in KY, both Army, Ft. Campbell is about 60 miles from Bowling Green, Ft. Knox is about 80.

Personnel Totals

• Army 35,713
  • Navy & Marine Corps 228
  • Air Force 208
  • Coast Guard 235
  • Active Duty Military 36,149
  • Reserve and National Guard 18,538
  • Total Personnel 54,922

$60.00?????? did you get one off a wrecker or did you actually repair yours? I have not had mine off the car but ususally they are sealed units and anything Cadillac that is a sealed unit does not sound like $60.00! :(

Phrede,

You mis-typed your statement. I changed it below for you!!
:laugh::laugh:

Gizmo could exhibit the wonders of starter durability by using his every 15 seconds :wave:

Vinman (Vince and Lorie) all set - reservations confirmed - see y'all there Fri - Sun!

And I actually did manually put my roof up about a month ago - just reading the manual it took about 45 minutes! Next time (hopefully never again!) would probably only take about 20 minutes. Had a bad switch on the console and surprisingly it was only $25 at the dealer!!

Vinman (Vince and Lorie) all set - reservations confirmed - see y'all there Fri - Sun!

And I actually did manually put my roof up about a month ago - just reading the manual it took about 45 minutes! Next time (hopefully never again!) would probably only take about 20 minutes. Had a bad switch on the console and surprisingly it was only $25 at the dealer!!

:cool: Great to see Vince & Lorie that you are planning to make the Homecoming Trip :rocker:

Just ran across this thread. Glad to see it coming together. I booked A room at the Courtyard, Diane & I will be arriving Thursday. Thanks Dave & Bruce for putting it together.

Nametags

For those on the attendance list for this event, please PM or email me (cubby558@me.com) with the following information, so I can make name tags for everyone. I know a lot of the people listed, but can't remember everyone's information off the top of my head. I will not post this information on the site. If everyone wants a copy, provide your email address and I'll send it to you.

Name: First & Last and traveling companion/spouse etc.
Forum Name:
City, State:
Year, Color of your XLR:
Base, V, Platinum Edition or Special Edition:

Optional Cell Number: (for contact you at the event if needed) This will not go on the name tags.

Once I get in idea of what the badges will look like, I'll post a pic of them.

You're awesome, Cubby!! THANK YOU! :cool:

I think you have my info - if not, let me know, I will send it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom