Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!
  • The Cadillac XLR Net is now on instagram! Follow Us!

Tire Pressure

Madmac

Seasoned Member
Today I checked my tire pressure, and correctley inflated them to the recommended 30PSI cold, using my tire pressure guage. When I checked the DIC the pressues were out, one at 30psi, two at 28psi and one at 32psi. Which readings are more accurtate? Should I toss my $20.00 tire gauge and just set the pressure using the DIC?

cubby558

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader
Did you check the DIC right after you did the tires or after you drove it for awhile. I believe it take awhile for the DIC to register the correct pressure after the car has been sitting. I could be wrong though, I sure someone else will chime in

Today I checked my tire pressure, and correctley inflated them to the recommended 30PSI cold, using my tire pressure guage. When I checked the DIC the pressues were out, one at 30psi, two at 28psi and one at 32psi. Which readings are more accurtate? Should I toss my $20.00 tire gauge and just set the pressure using the DIC?

XLR-V Lover

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Black XLR-V
I 'm a bit confused about this myself, like Cubby said, drive awhile and it changes, usually a few blocks. That's what I always went by, same with my Vettes. But. . .I ran over a nail at RIII, I didn't realize this until I started her up after leaving the restaurant and immediately I got the low pressure warning, hadn't even put her into gear. :dunno::dunno:

Floyd (BB)

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
If your tires are low on air pressure, the DIC will let you know. Add air and check with a known good tire gauge. Drive the vehicle about a mile or less, and the tire pressure readings on the DIC should change to the correct pressures. You should run 30-32 psi in your XLR. As you drive the vehicle the tire pressures should come up about 4psi as the tires warm up.

Bruce :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win a Cadillac CTS-V!

Cadillac CTS-V Dream Giveaway

Supporting Vendors

East Coast Used XLR Parts

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Top Bottom