Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Top will not work but trunk works just fine

koolbreeze

Hi I have a 2005 XLR the top will not work The trunk works just fine. I have had the car put onthe comouter to see what codes show up. The only codes that came up are ones that have need cleared and are in history.
HELP!!

Thanks
Koolbreeae

If you mean it has been hooked up to a TECH II, when you say computer; why not have them do a top re-learn and see if that solves the problem.

Hi I have a 2005 XLR the top will not work The trunk works just fine. I have had the car put onthe comouter to see what codes show up. The only codes that came up are ones that have need cleared and are in history.
HELP!!

Thanks
Koolbreeae

Depending on the type of problem with the folding top, the Tech 2 may (or may not) display a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).

90% of the folding top problems reported can be attributed to faulty or misaligned position sensors (there are three.) A tech, trained in the XLR's operation using a Tech 2, should quickly be able to isolate where the problem lies. The hard part is finding experienced techs to troubleshoot these cars --without them using yours as training aids.

As always, ensure the drain line in the bottom of the left side compartment in the trunk is clear, or you risk having more than the folding top start acting up.

CC :wave:

trunk , convertible top

Thanks for the replys

I work for Chevrolet dealership and we put it on the tech 2 and tried to relearn nothing happened in the re-learn mode.

any other suggestion before I try to find someone who really know about the XLR. I called one of the major Cad. dealer and the said they have one trained, scary right I am in Okla

If you don't mind I have another question when yoou open the drive door, the steering has started to go down instead of going up any suggestions

Any help is appreciated greatly

Thanks
Koolbreeze

Sure!

Not having been there when the Tech 2 was placed in the Relearn mode, I am curious if the top was operated over one complete cycle while The Relearn mode was enabled. Relearn mode by itself doesn't store the new location parameters for the folding top components; it requires the top be operated to store the latest sensor values. Was the procedure performed this way?

The front tonneau position sensor may be the culprit, depending on where in the top opening sequence the movement failure occurs. I would need more detailed symptoms to give you a more definitive answer as to what is likely the cause of the issue.

I would be more inclined to have the top serviced by someone with the experience and expertise to do so.

As for the steering wheel position, have you set the Exit position for the way you prefer the steering wheel to be and then stored it? This procedure is covered in your owners manual. If it isn't being retained, have your Cadillac dealership check this as well.

CC :wave:

Last edited:
HELP!!

Thanks
Koolbreeae

Check the switch mine did the same thing and it was just the switch itself. Easy fix.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom