Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

top wont go up

airmike

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 black raven xlr-v
I decided to take a trip to try out a cts-v about an hour away. I suppose my car (xlr-v) got jealous because I backed it out of the shop and cleaned the wheels, then put the top up. Only it wouldn't go up. Trunk lifted an inch or so and went right back down. The dic says top motor overheat.

I just bought a tech2 recently, but don't know if it has updates needed to handle the top. I also admit to being a total novice with it. I would like any help for diagnosing this, and possible ideas for repair. Its has never been wet in the trunk area and lives inside, so no water intrusion. I have read several searches and suspect thermistor in the top motor? CCC, you probably can answer this question, (is the thermistor on the motor replaceable? (by me)

I know the xlr tech locally, by name only. Have said hi. If I am in need of updates, which I probably am, would I likely be able to drop my scanner off and they could take care of that. Of course I am planning on trying that, unless better ideas arrive here.

Having said that, I am a novice with the tech2, I have programed the fobs for my sts, and cut out cylinders for diagnosis purposes. Thats it so far. I intended to play with the tool on my other vehicles a bit before I ruined my xlr practicing :dunno:..Is there a possibility of that?

The car is inside the dealers building, while I tested out the cts, over the weekend. Now I need to bring it home, for me or the local dealer to work on.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom