Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Transmission Temperature - DIC Possible?

gsbarry

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
06-V
Has anyone figured out if it's possible to display the transmission temperature on the DIC (instrument cluster)? :dunno: I'll be doing a fluid level check which requires the fluid temp to be in a certain range. Using a thermometer probe will be difficult if even possible. The owner's manual does not describe this as a feature, although it will display a "trans hot" message if the temp is out of range, so we know the computer gets the temp data. The service manual does indicate that it is possible to do so, but does not say how.

Haven't yet spent the $$ on a Tech 2, and I would not justify it for this purpose.

Has anyone figured out if it's possible to display the transmission temperature on the DIC (instrument cluster)? :dunno: I'll be doing a fluid level check which requires the fluid temp to be in a certain range. Using a thermometer probe will be difficult if even possible. The owner's manual does not describe this as a feature, although it will display a "trans hot" message if the temp is out of range, so we know the computer gets the temp data. The service manual does indicate that it is possible to do so, but does not say how.

Haven't yet spent the $$ on a Tech 2, and I would not justify it for this purpose.

I don,t believe this will display on the dic. this can be done on corvettes. AL

I've never seen this displayed. I don't believe everything I read in the manuals. If you do not want to do a Tech2 I am reasonably sure other diagnostic tools that plug into the OBDII port will give the tranny temperature. I use "Torque" Android app and a OBDII to Bluetooth bridge for a lot of info. I can't say for sure if tranny temp is covered or not.

What's the name/brand of the Bluetooth unit you bought? Are you pretty happy with it so far?

What's the name/brand of the Bluetooth unit you bought? Are you pretty happy with it so far?

In FEB2013 I purchased an AGPtek® Super Mini ELM327 V1.5 Bluetooth OBD2 OBD-II CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Scanner Tool from a vendor called Brainy Deal on Amazon for about $15. It doesn't appear any longer. There may be something similar available. At the time I researched it and quality varied wildly despite all having the same brand and model number. It really mattered who you purchased it from. I'm happy with mine and it has worked in a few different vehicles. Not all data is available in all the cars but I think that is a limitation of what is available on that particular OBDII port.

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>