Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tricky Settings

Kennadian

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Crimson Pearl
Every now and then when I start my car, all of the settings for seat, mirrors, etc work just fine except the seat does not move forward. Then the next time it works just fine. I have changed the battery in the remote but don't know where to look next. Any ideas?

It's either a glitch or a contact in a connector making intermittent contact. I have the same issue. It comes, it goes, but it's minor, so I will deal with it the next time I remove my driver's seat to look at the connector.

CCC :wave:

Every now and then when I start my car, all of the settings for seat, mirrors, etc work just fine except the seat does not move forward. Then the next time it works just fine. I have changed the battery in the remote but don't know where to look next. Any ideas?

Does it do it for both driver 1 and driver 2? I don't think it is a fob issue if any of the presets work. When it does happen can the seat move manually? Have you tried re-teaching the presets?

This problem is most likely related to the driver's Memory Seat module (aka the Driver's Position module) since the settings are stored there.

CCC :wave:

Last edited:
Does it do it for both driver 1 and driver 2? I don't think it is a fob issue if any of the presets work. When it does happen can the seat move manually? Have you tried re-teaching the presets?

Good question about drivers 1 and 2. I have only assumed that it is only on driver 1 as my wife (driver 2) rarely drives the car. I think your idea of re-teaching the seat, mirror positions etc is a good one and I will try it and see if there is an improvement. ccCclarke has opined that there may be a problem with the connectors under the seat and that's a good place to look if necessary, although, I have never had the seats out of my car and am not inclined to do that any time soon. Thanks for the insights.

My sts does the exact same thing. Works correct probably 85 percent of the time. Dont think the fob is the problem since I have new ones for mine now and same thing. It is slightly irritating but not worth too much effort to investigate.

Also had my wife's FOB takes over if she had entered the car before me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry