Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trunk bumper

JL-Z

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven XLR
Trunk bumper
I don't know what these trunk nipples are called....
they are both very soft and sticky... (see pictures)
They stick to the fingers so not ideal when they are in their notches when the trunk is closed

Does anyone know the part number for these rubber tips at GM?..

regards.

JL.

002.JPG

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 57
No longer available. One guy makes some on eBay but they are soft and some like myself have said they pull off since they are not bonded to the bolt but rather slip over it. Still better than the factory goo ones
Part number is 10346849. There might be some over your way.

Attachments

• IMG_20230812_150057.jpg
    IMG_20230812_150057.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Thank you for your answeer !

Thanks alot Greg ! :)

in the end I decided to remove these 2 "hats" which were melting like tar, I was afraid that with this hot summer it would leak into the trunk closure.
I'm waiting for new GM parts

Are there any dangers in no longer having a hat?

They locate the trunk to be centered when shut . trunk may rattel a bit, and when properly adjusted they give a little push up on the trunk to help open it. But nothing serious. That rubber will stain your hands and anything it touches till it wears off. If you find any factory ones over there, get them all and share with us. I only have like 5 sets left and that's it.

I found out the bumpers were gone on my car when I found paint rubbed off on the inside edge of my trunk. Don't wait too long to replace them.

Dès que l'importatueur de pièces revient de vacances, je commande ces 2 pièces

Hello..
I received the trunk bumpers but not like the photo, they are just the rubber ones... the hole is very small to put it on the bulo; do we have to heat it to put me on?
s-l1200.jpg

Follow the instructions and remove the old rubber from the bolt. Do not remove the bolt. The opening is designed to stretch and slip onto the bolt head snugly. Do not apply heat.

ok - I insisted by starting by pinching it and turning slightly; No problem ! - Thanks for your return ! :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom