Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trunk Lid Malfunction.

Bakertech

Seasoned Member
Subsequent to getting a cleaning rag caught under the left front corner of the XLR Trunk lid. Now when I open the drivers door, the Trunk lid goes up.
Obviously a wiring or module problem. Anyone have a similar situation or fix? It is a 2008. Thank You.
This place has changed completely since my last visit. Hoping that Cruise Nights and Swap Meets will be taking place again this year.
Regards, Gord Baker

Any insight into the fix for this problem or did the disconnect btry trick solve the issue?

Any insight into the fix for this problem or did the disconnect btry trick solve the issue?
I replied somewhere here. After frying 2 trickle chargers, and the Trunk lid opening with Drivers Door or just randomly with no one around I unhooked the new Battery for 2 Weeks. No problem since. I think the trunk switch was the problem but I did not mess with it. I am not saying the problem is fixed, just that it is working properly. Rebooting may have cured it. For inside door switches that do not always function I found that pressing the Unlock switch at the top of the Drivers door frame (not the door unlock) seemed to make the door switches operable. Good Luck.

Thanks for the reply. Just getting used to this car.
I need as much hand holding as one can have even if I do have the manuals.

Thanks for the reply. Just getting used to this car.
I need as much hand holding as one can have even if I do have the manuals.
I have had mine since 2013. 37,000 miles on the 2008. I put an auxiliary hood opener fashioned from a Choke cable and also have a #10 wire exiting out front for remote charging.

That is very smart. I can see if the battery goes south there is a big problem getting into these cars.
I already installed a battery tender line out the front so I don't need to get into the hood to trickle
charge the battery. All my vehicles are on chargers. Don't trust the non running issue.

Thanks for the reply.

I had that happen when the trunk button in the cabin got a little sideways & stuck down on one side. Doesn’t sound like that was involved for you but may be worth checking into. Once the button was realigned all was well (& I switched to using the fob, easier to replace that than if the button completely went out).

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom