Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

under hood trouble light

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Does the light "time out?" if it does, how long does it take??

If the battery was disconnected is there anything else that has to be addressed when the battery is reconnected other than initializing the door windows??

Last edited:
unbelievable!!

Does the light "time out?" if it does, how long does it take??

If the battery was disconnected is there anything else that has to be addressed when the battery is reconnected other than initializing the door windows??

Doesn't anyone know the answers to these (2) questions???? I find that hard to believe!!

My experience has the underhood light "timing out" after approximately 20 minutes. The re-indexing of the windows after a battery change has been sufficient to restore action... with the possible exception of pre-set radio sound options.

Under hood light

My experience has the underhood light "timing out" after approximately 20 minutes. The re-indexing of the windows after a battery change has been sufficient to restore action... with the possible exception of pre-set radio sound options.

I diconnected the battery for a "Special Interest Cars" show. I didn't know if the under hood light timed out, or if it did, how long it would take; and It would be awfullyhard to push my XLR home 20 miles!!! HaHa!!!

Finally someone gave me the answer!!! Thank you so kindly!!!!!

I diconnected the battery for a "Special Interest Cars" show. !
It would be a lot less of a hassle to disconnect the under-hood light than the battery.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom