Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Upgraded to a V - Now need to sell "Little Red"

PAK XLR8

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Ex - XLR owner - 2005 Base & 2009 V
Well, I pulled the trigger and upgraded to a 2009 XLR-V. While I'm excited about the upgrade, now I am dreading the sale of my baby - both because I love the car and have put my heart and soul into it, but now I have to deal with all the flakes who call, e-mail, lowball and all of the things that happen when you try to sell an automobile. So, I thought I would try my luck here with my fellow XLR buddies first, to see if there is any interest amongst you, or your contacts, before I put it up on Autotrader and other venues.

If you look at my "garage", you can get a pretty good idea of what she looks like. If you are looking for a totally stock car, this one is not for you. If you are looking for one that stands out, this could be your car. The locals from the board are familiar with my car and can vouch for it. Nearly 42K miles, just for reference.

If you look in the registry for my car, I uploaded the original window sticker from Lund Cadillac. With their dealer installed upgrades, this car was $93K.

Much of my upgrades can be put back to stock, except for the 2009 side vents and the 3.42 rear end gear ratio.

Never raced the car, but did like to drive it with some noise occasionally. The car is very well taken care of.

I am looking for $30K on this, which never covers all you put into a car. PM me if you are interested and I will fill you in with more details.

Thanks for checking it out!

Paul

P.S. The "V" I picked up was the Dark Cherry that I had chased a month ago - with ~8K miles - finally was able to strike a deal!

Last edited:
Congrats on your upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul, Congrats. on the new "V" upgrade. It sounds like you got a really great one to enjoy. Good thing they don't enforce the speed limits in California like they do in Texas.

Pulled the Trigger

Hey Paul,
Congratulations on the new ride!! Can't wait to see it and patiently waiting for a ride in it.

Nice up grade WOW A - V
Enjoy
Blue in the 50's next 2 days going to get Roxy out of storage today![emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Thanks for all the responses!

Paul, Congrats. on the new "V" upgrade. It sounds like you got a really great one to enjoy. Good thing they don't enforce the speed limits in California like they do in Texas.

You had better tell Dennis 93 about those troopers. He just bought a beauty 09 XLR-V too, and is flying to Florida to drive it home back to So California this week. He will be crossing Texas on Wednesday, if the schedule holds.

I'll post pictures in my "Garage" when I get it delivered and all cleaned up.

Troopers

Thanks for the trooper warning Paul. :wave: I thought about getting a radar detector but I've been told their are good to let you know you just got nailed so I guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled and the speed down. :ugh: I'll gladly take anybodies help clearing the way for me when I go through your area on Interstate 75 and then Interstate 10. :D

Update: The XLR-V is going home in an enclosed trailer.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back