Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Use 2004 headlight in 07

boydavid

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Black Base
After reading how 04 lights will work in an 07, "just use your own harness", I found a used 04 headlight assembly to replace my "crazed" 07. Anyone accomplished this feat without purchasing a harness that converts 5 pin to 10 pin? I thought I would be able to unclip connections and swap out but may not be so easy. I am sitting on my garage floor with the two lights side by side. Anyone???

i give up!

After reading how 04 lights will work in an 07, "just use your own harness", I found a used 04 headlight assembly to replace my "crazed" 07. Anyone accomplished this feat without purchasing a harness that converts 5 pin to 10 pin? I thought I would be able to unclip connections and swap out but may not be so easy. I am sitting on my garage floor with the two lights side by side. Anyone???

In case anyone wants to attempt an older (2004-5) year 5 pin headlight into a newer 10 pin xlr, I don't think it can be done unless you're willing to cut and splice wires. The connections coming out of the ballast are different so no chance at swapping the entire harness/bulbs. It also seems only one jumper harness adapter was made and that only facilitates the use of newer lights in older cars. My search for a passenger headlight assembly continues!

In case anyone wants to attempt an older (2004-5) year 5 pin headlight into a newer 10 pin xlr, I don't think it can be done unless you're willing to cut and splice wires. The connections coming out of the ballast are different so no chance at swapping the entire harness/bulbs. It also seems only one jumper harness adapter was made and that only facilitates the use of newer lights in older cars. My search for a passenger headlight assembly continues!
I believe the extra 5 wires are for the turning light motor. You should be able to make a 04 work, but it might throw a code?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom