Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! VOLENT CAI ISSUE

JW7

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black XLR.... 2001 DTS...2009 AUDI A4 CABRIOLET
Hi all..decided to install the Volent CAI Pro-5 System...Did check out the previous threads about issues with a Check Engine Light but saw that it was possible ti install without any issues ...Of course ..I am getting the dreaded CEL with codes of P 0171 & P 0174.. Fuel Mixture too lean...
Install is tight ...Mas was taken out and cleaned..Car rides great...not a rough idle at all..after clearing the code..can drive about 20 miles before CEL comes on again...Then it stays on...
Somene suggested tune the engine..Thought to put this out to my fellow enthusiasts first..
Appreciate any imput...

Hi all..decided to install the Volent CAI Pro-5 System...Did check out the previous threads about issues with a Check Engine Light but saw that it was possible ti install without any issues ...Of course ..I am getting the dreaded CEL with codes of P 0171 & P 0174.. Fuel Mixture too lean...
Install is tight ...Mas was taken out and cleaned..Car rides great...not a rough idle at all..after clearing the code..can drive about 20 miles before CEL comes on again...Then it stays on...
Somene suggested tune the engine..Thought to put this out to my fellow enthusiasts first..
Appreciate any imput...

Hi Joe, Try changing your gas cap and next time you fill up only go to the 3/4 fill level. As I mentioned to you in a PM it worked for me. I would like to instal a Volent CAI but I need to have smog checks and don't want light problems.
John F.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back