Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Wagoner will arrive for hearings in a Volt

Jamie LaReau
Automotive News
December 3, 2008 - 6:33 pm ET

General Motors CEO Rick Wagoner will make a visible attempt to impress lawmakers with GM's technology tomorrow morning. He will drive from his hotel to the Russell Senate Office Building in one of GM's prototype electric-hybrid vehicles.

The prototype vehicle, or "mule," has the Volt's powertrain inside the body of what will be the Chevrolet Cruze, said a GM spokesman.

"A significant component of our (turnaround) plan is the work and introduction of new advanced technologies and vehicles," said Greg Martin, GM spokesman. "This is a very compelling example of what's to come from General Motors."

GM's production version of the Volt will be a part of a technology display for senators, he said. The work GM is doing on the test vehicle that Wagoner will drive is critical to bringing the production version of the Volt to market, Martin said.

"It sends a very strong message that our viability is based on new energy saving technologies," Martin said.

Michigan lawmakers are expected to be on hand when Wagoner arrives at 9:30 a.m. Wagoner will have a short press conference before walking to the Capitol to testify before the Senate Banking Committee. GM seeks $18 billion in government loans.

The Chevy Volt is NOT an electric/hybrid vehicle.....it is powered by electricity only. It does have a small gas engine designed to CHARGE the batteries when the electric range limitations have been exceeded. The Volt never RUNS on gasoline.

C.O.

I'm curious as to how the Volt is getting from Detroit to Wagoner's hotel in DC...

• Admin
I'm curious as to how the Volt is getting from Detroit to Wagoner's hotel in DC...
To the best of my knowledge, it was driven with him in the passenger seat.

I watched him drive it to Capital Hill this morning.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom