Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Water Leak

Cadiblk

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black Raven XLR
Hello

I have a pretty good water leak coming from both the drivers side and passenger side windows. The leak occurs in the car wash when there is a pretty good flow of water.

I thought I remembered reading about a series of buttons to push to get the car to recalibrate the windows. However, I have searched and can't seem to find it. Does anyone know what those commands are?

Thanks
Greg

| Document ID: 1460906

<FORM onsubmit="JavaScript: return true;" method=post name=CellHandlerForm action=/si/cellHandler.do><HR>
Power Window Reinitialization
The reinitialization of the power windows will be necessary anytime a door module has been disconnected, replaced, or the vehicles battery has been disconnected or discharged. The power window will be reinitialized when the door module learns the full up and full down positions.

To reinitialize a power window:
  1. Close the door for the window being reinitialized.
  2. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  3. Run the window to the full up position and hold the switch continuously for a minimum of 0.5 seconds.
  4. Run the window to the full down position and hold the switch continuously for a minimum of 0.5 seconds.
© 2010 General Motors. All rights reserved.
</FORM>

Thanks. I ran the process, but I still have a leak in the upper right corner (as you are looking at the drivers door) and left for passenger door. Is this typical? Any suggestions to fix or slow the leak?

I have a similar leak, though minimal in the same area. It happens only at a car wash or when hose is directly aimed at the upper part of the window. It's evolved over time, so I assumed the issue was aged weatherstripping to be replaced. I only use the car wash randomly in an emergency, so I've just taken care where I aim water when washing my car. Doesn't seem to be an issue during rain or driving in bad weather.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom