Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

What should the Detroit 3 do if they fail to get immediate government aid?

• File for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Halt R&D spending

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Cut all salaries and bonuses

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Sell or shut down brands

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • File for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and liquidate

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!

Did you all read how the execs got to Washington? Private jets, at a cost of $20,000 round trip. Even first class would have been better at about $800. Even their wives have free use of the seven planes each company has!!!

And they come with their hats in their hands looking for a loan???

I think they just don't get it. . .

Floyd (BB)

Did you all read how the execs got to Washington? Private jets, at a cost of $20,000 round trip. Even first class would have been better at about $800. Even their wives have free use of the seven planes each company has!!!

And they come with their hats in their hands looking for a loan???

I think they just don't get it. . .

Floyd (BB)

Isn't this the mentality of the vast majority of corp. America? They think they are entitled to all the perks. This mentality is also in our government and a lot of private jets are used rather than commercial flights. Did you also see on the news this morning how many people in this country can't even tell you what the three branches of government are. Go figure, now maybe everone can get an idea of what is happening with our economy. First Robin

There's little doubt the Big Three will get their loan packages approved by our mutual uncle; the economy can't sustain any more large-scale unemployment figures if the stock market is to regain any sense of confidence in the near term.

My prediction: US automakers will agree to cut executive perks (peanuts in the big scheme of things) and streamline some of their operations to create leaner pipelines to produce vehicles by dropping a brand or two, upgrading existing facilities and forcing the unions to be a little more realistic as far as job security and wage hikes are concerned.

The Really Big Concession will be they are going to be forced to adopt and implement hybrid technologies across their platforms at an accelerated pace. More R&D money will go to electric-powered technologies with a game plan in place to show how they're going to bring that to market ASAP.

In short, I believe this will be the major shove that forces the automakers to steer away from 100% combustion vehicles in a serious way. V owners take note: Gasoline-powered HP is about to peak. These are the good old days!

Just my .02. I could be wrong. . .

CC :wave:

GM is no different than all companies. They built the products that people (us Americans) wanted to buy. Almost everyone wanted an Escalade. Unfortunately for the Auto industry, our taste changed rapidly with the high cost of fuel. Now almost everyone wants a greener car.

All that combined with the financial crisis which basically killed the remainder of the potential new car buyers put the Auto Companies in deep trouble.

American Manufacturers were already walking on the edge before and this crisis pushed them a little more..

Now,

Will they need to renegotiate labor contracts? YES, YES, YES, YES.
Cut all bonuses and high execs salary...? YES.
Scrutinize the reason for every dollar spent..? ABSOLUTELY.
Will they develop greener cars? YES. THEY HAVE NO CHOICE since we want them now.

Sorry I had to vent a little. :dunno:

SilverX
:cool:

This is always their problem, they are always lagging behind what the people want. They think they know best, only mother knows best. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "They don't listen to the people buying there product". Who knows mabe they will start to listen now. I'm still waiting for a back up camera for my XLR which is hard to see out of...........has to many blind spots. So what do we get..............shark gills on the front fender which we told them at RIII, don't do it. Did they listen?:patriot:
GM is no different than all companies. They built the products that people (us Americans) wanted to buy. Almost everyone wanted an Escalade. Unfortunately for the Auto industry, our taste changed rapidly with the high cost of fuel. Now almost everyone wants a greener car.

All that combined with the financial crisis which basically killed the remainder of the potential new car buyers put the Auto Companies in deep trouble.

American Manufacturers were already walking on the edge before and this crisis pushed them a little more..

Now,

Will they develop greener cars? YES. THEY HAVE NO CHOICE since we want them now.

SilverX

Now,

SilverX

Agree with you fully. And as CC says "these are the good old days"

Now,

SilverX

I think you "vented" just right :wave::wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics