Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Wheee!

Phrede

Seasoned Member
With 80 degrees and sunshine I freed my car from it's winter rest today. The first drive of the spring is guaranteed to put a smile on your face as you re-discover just how well they run. I was having a great time on the back roads keeping the speed in double digits. Not really planing what was going to happen I jumped on the big road and was just cruising in the sun. I'm not sure what got into me, maybe it had something to do with that guy in the Mustang on my ass, but the next thing I new I was at a speed that makes one appreciate the HUD. Let's just say it was enough to make that Mustang disappear in my mirror like watching a rock sink in a pond. Wheee, hello Spring!

With 80 degrees and sunshine I freed my car from it's winter rest today. The first drive of the spring is guaranteed to put a smile on your face as you re-discover just how well they run. I was having a great time on the back roads keeping the speed in double digits. Not really planing what was going to happen I jumped on the big road and was just cruising in the sun. I'm not sure what got into me, maybe it had something to do with that guy in the Mustang on my ass, but the next thing I new I was at a speed that makes one appreciate the HUD. Let's just say it was enough to make that Mustang disappear in my mirror like watching a rock sink in a pond. Wheee, hello Spring!

Yea... there is NOTHING like that first cruise after a LOOONNNNGG winter's sleep!!! There is also nothing like watching a Mustang (or whatever make/model it is) disappear in your rear view mirror... :love::love::love:

I drove mine all winter here in MN. We didn't have much snow (<24" all season). Yesterday was the 1st time I was able to drive with the top down at hiway speeds. We took it on some back roads topless last Nov after we bought it, but the nice weather yesterday was too much to resist. Wheeeeeeeeeeee :cool:

Here in Chicago we have had just unbelievable weather. Let's hope it last to December. Here's a question you sure the mustang wasn't pulling off,or a 4 cylinder.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here in Chicago we have had just unbelievable weather. Let's hope it last to December. Here's a question you sure the mustang wasn't pulling off,or a 4 cylinder.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can't say for sure what the 'stang had under the hood. I can say it was a late model. There were no exits around and I am passing people doing about 85. After I passed him he jumped out behind me and was doing some NASCAR style drafting. Once he backed off and then came back up on me quick. At that point I just left. I can't say if he tried to catch up or not. All I new was he was not there anymore. I'm sure if it was a BOSS and he had wanted to keep up it would have done a much better job.

You can't blame him he was probably jaw struck and was trying to catch up but when trying realized he didn't have a chance! My area has it's share of nice, expensive, sometimes exotic cars on the road. When I was cruising around a couple days ago topless I caught alot of eyes gaukin the lines on the car speak for itself like no other! Also can probably count on both hands how many times I've seen one on the road since made. Happy driving.

It's all part of driving an XLR. I had to learn to get used to peoples reactions to the car and did not anticipate it before I bought it. Most always people are complimentary. Saying nice things when stopped at a light, thumbs up from other traffic, questions in the parking lot etc. Then there are the ones that might know what it is and have to show me what their car can do, usually this involves a lot of noise and smoke. I am never impressed by these shows of testosterone. Burnouts in heavy traffic doesn't show me much. Getting inches away from my bumper at 85 will not make you my friend. I too compliment some of the other nice cars out there. A certain Diablo comes to mind that I have seen a couple times. I would never do some of the things that some of these people have done to me. I am sure we all have our own experiences on the subject and could tell some stories.

Bottom line no one was going to let the air out of my balloon yesterday :)

I just got back to Nashville, from Chicago on business today, and it was really nice there. However it was 80 here and I did some top-down-driving as soon as I got in. Now it's raining and she's in the garage with the top still down.

We went to Tampa yesterday. We drove from Evansville to Nashville with the top down to fly to Tampa. We come here every year. Never did that before in march. Pretty cool.

I just got back to Nashville, from Chicago on business today, and it was really nice there. However it was 80 here and I did some top-down-driving as soon as I got in. Now it's raining and she's in the garage with the top still down.

I flew home to Chicago yesterday (was in Newark, NJ most the week) - GORGEOUS when I got home. As soon as I got home, I pulled the cover off the XLR, unplugged the battery tender and pulled her out of the garage. As soon as I got in my driveway, the top came down. :D
Looks like we have a few more days of this unbelievable weather. :rocker:

I can't believe I am jealous of all you folks up north....???? ;)

I am STUCK down here in beautiful sunny Florida BUT my XLR is in Ontario. :( My only reprieve is I know the warm snap will not last up north :chuckle and I plan on going on a motorcycle trip down to the Keys in a few weeks, :D meanwhile I have been doing a fair bit of riding around our area.

If you ever want to feel real freedom: NOTHING beats a Harley BUT if you want to feel 'special' then the XLR is the ride! I am lucky to own both! :rocker:

I can't believe I am jealous of all you folks up north....???? ;)

I am STUCK down here in beautiful sunny Florida BUT my XLR is in Ontario. :( My only reprieve is I know the warm snap will not last up north :chuckle and I plan on going on a motorcycle trip down to the Keys in a few weeks, :D meanwhile I have been doing a fair bit of riding around our area.

If you ever want to feel real freedom: NOTHING beats a Harley BUT if you want to feel 'special' then the XLR is the ride! I am lucky to own both! :rocker:

Sorry, I have to disagree with the Harley statement. I much prefer the quicker, faster, smoother and more comfortable ride of my Valkyrie.
mc.jpg

Nitrous+Bike.jpg

Harley, Honda or Hyabusa, it all equals 2 wheel freedom!

Free to roam!

Here in northern Ohio our goal is always to have Black Beauty out by April 1. Have yet to be able to wait that long. After repeated trips to the storage garage - charge up battery, replace broken trunk switch, check tires, spring detailing, yesterday I made the "mistake" of firing her up. An hour later, the insurance was active and Coach was driving out of the storage unit, leaving me to lock up and listen to them roar toward home. It will probably snow once more, but until it does, play time has returned.

Sorry, I have to disagree with the Harley statement. I much prefer the quicker, faster, smoother and more comfortable ride of my Valkyrie.

I have never driven on of those, I knew a guy who had a friend with one and he loved it.....didn't know him well enough to ask him to swap me for an hour.....;) ;) nudge nudge ;);) nudge nudge!

Like you said, lots of smooth power.....and we do love power! :rocker:

Valkyrie? what is that smoke coming from that thing. Smooth that thing looks so bulky like they got a straight 6 sideways in it. That's why it's smooth! Try a 130 S&S American made. But yes anything on two wheels is far better on a hot summer day.

Valkyrie? what is that smoke coming from that thing. Smooth that thing looks so bulky like they got a straight 6 sideways in it. That's why it's smooth! Try a 130 S&S American made. But yes anything on two wheels is far better on a hot summer day.

That is not smoke, but a nitrous purge for the camera. It is a flat six and handles better than you might think for a cruiser. The bike was made in Marysville, OH and has left many 130 S&S equipped bikes wondering what happened. Maybe when I get old and shaky I will want a shaky V-Twin but for now I like my power smooth and in abundance. I fear no EVO!

One of the fellows I ride with has the Valkyrie. Not sure if you have ever tried this trick with your "V" but it is impressive. Take a nickel ( one with the flat sides) balance it on edge on the engine heads and start the "V" up. That nickel will remain balanced on edge and will even stay there if you rev it up. Now that is smooth. Can't do that with my TC 88.

Done the "nickel trick" many times.
7-26-2005%25208-54-50%2520AM.JPG

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry