Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Wheee

Phrede

Seasoned Member
The weather man sez 3 days of sun and high 70's/ low 80's. I've yet to get much time out yet this year so watch out!!!

New paint
New brakes
New thermostat
New blower pulley/ratio

Whee!:)

Like a new car! Unfortunately the roads will be packed and the cops will be out. My dilemma is going away for the long,nice weekend with the wife and boy. Can't take the caddy:mad: Have a nice weekend:)

I might be going out to Anastasia park. But the bad thing is I have 3-4 ppl wanting to go too. So unfortunately in the same boat as Stella. The "good" car will be parked in a garage. :sad: But on the other hand it's supposed to be in the mid 90's. 94 by sat and Sunday. So even though the breeze might feel good at high speeds it'll be too darn hot to be topless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be going out to Anastasia park. But the bad thing is I have 3-4 ppl wanting to go too. So unfortunately in the same boat as Stella. The "good" car will be parked in a garage. :sad: But on the other hand it's supposed to be in the mid 90's. 94 by sat and Sunday. So even though the breeze might feel good at high speeds it'll be too darn hot to be topless

Wow! I just don't know about these folks w/ a 20 degree comfort zone. 60's are too cold; 90's are too hot. Kind of a Goldilocks attitude. :rolleyes: If you stopped running top-down when it gets in the 90's here in the desert, you'd never want a convertible. Seems to me that's why they put a COOL switch for the seats. :laugh:

What say you, Patrick? We're gonna be in the hundreds next week (again). How do you handle the hot days?

Tim

I'm not complaining. The top is down once the temp hits 66-70*f -? So I guess the top goes back up when it turns past 97*f. Because if you go fast enough then you will stay cool. + yes you have the cooling seat button to engage.
Long story turned short. My top doesn't go up unless 3 things are factoring in.
1. Rain
2. getting the car washed
3 leaving on a trip where I'm not taking the xlr

Wow! I just don't know about these folks w/ a 20 degree comfort zone. 60's are too cold; 90's are too hot. Kind of a Goldilocks attitude. :rolleyes: If you stopped running top-down when it gets in the 90's here in the desert, you'd never want a convertible. Seems to me that's why they put a COOL switch for the seats. :laugh:

What say you, Patrick? We're gonna be in the hundreds next week (again). How do you handle the hot days?

Tim

My top goes up only if the temperature is above 110 degrees below 50 degrees or, if I'm washing Crystal. I can't remember the last time it was up.:wave:

The weather man sez 3 days of sun and high 70's/ low 80's. I've yet to get much time out yet this year so watch out!!!

New paint
New brakes
New thermostat
New blower pulley/ratio

Whee!:)

So I'm curious how much more Whee with the pulley change?

Was as it a difficult project?

Brian

So I'm curious how much more Whee with the pulley change?

Was as it a difficult project?

Brian

My "butt dyno" tells me it was worth it, and I'm pleased. Until I get it on a real dyno and tuned I will not know for sure. D3 claims 60Hp from their $1000 10% overdrive crank pulley.
Adding boost pressure to the LC3 4.4L DOHC VVT V8 - CaddyInfo - Cadillac Conversations Blog calculates a 24 Hp gain from a 10% overdrive on an STS LC3 engine. I suspect the D3 estimate is IF you had already added all their other upgrades and post tune.

I did 14% overdrive snout pulley, so I expect somewhere is the 30Hp range is reasonable, until heat starts to become an issue. Again, the dyno will tell.

It was not an easy project and took some creative wrenching. Being able to find a belt 1/4" or so longer would have helped, but neither Gates or Dayco make anything between what I used and stock. Some of the supercharger bolts can be a pain and lifting the supercharger is required to get to some of the snout bolts. I took lots of pictures and am considering creating a diary of the project.

I learned the hard way to tape everything together to keep from dropping things, nuts, sockets, extensions, etc into the black hole that exists under the supercharger. :)

My "butt dyno" tells me it was worth it, and I'm pleased. Until I get it on a real dyno and tuned I will not know for sure. D3 claims 60Hp from their $1000 10% overdrive crank pulley.
Adding boost pressure to the LC3 4.4L DOHC VVT V8 - CaddyInfo - Cadillac Conversations Blog calculates a 24 Hp gain from a 10% overdrive on an STS LC3 engine. I suspect the D3 estimate is IF you had already added all their other upgrades and post tune.

I did 14% overdrive snout pulley, so I expect somewhere is the 30Hp range is reasonable, until heat starts to become an issue. Again, the dyno will tell.

It was not an easy project and took some creative wrenching. Being able to find a belt 1/4" or so longer would have helped, but neither Gates or Dayco make anything between what I used and stock. Some of the supercharger bolts can be a pain and lifting the supercharger is required to get to some of the snout bolts. I took lots of pictures and am considering creating a diary of the project.

I learned the hard way to tape everything together to keep from dropping things, nuts, sockets, extensions, etc into the black hole that exists under the supercharger. :)

Cool and hope you do put a photo diary of the project together. The more pictures the better, as my psychologist has told me it might be some time before my fear of books with words will be cured.
Sounds like you plan on hitting the dyno. Is that to tune the engine or to confirm the " butt dyno"?

As a new inductee to the S/C world the pulley changes is an intriguing upgrade, and might warrant more investigation.

Brian

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back