Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Wheel Spacer???

tonypro99

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Red XLR-V
I have an 2008 with aftermarket rims installed and wheel spacers installed in the front since they couldn't clear the calipers without them. The situation is however I was experiencing wheel shimmy in the front end so I took it to the dealer today and they found that all 4 rims were off balance which I believed was the cause.

The wheel shimmy is less at Hwy speeds now but just a tad noticeable and the shop mechanic informed me that wheel spacers could be a cause of it. Now I know my wheel spacers are not hub centric so I was wondering would this cause the issue?

Hi! I have 3/16 spacers on the front of my XLR-V. I do not have balance problems I purchased cnc machined spacers after being warned that low cost stamped spacers could cause an imbalance problem. Also, to make darn sure there would be no problems, I had the wheels balanced on the car. We have a local tire company that has the machinery to do this. The down side for this perfection is that the spacers must always stay indexed to the wheel the way they where balanced.

I am using factory XLR wheels. The spacers where required to clear aftermarket 6 piston Baer calipers.

Hope this helps.

Jack

Jack,
I've tried spacers before and not with much luck. Always had a shimmy regardless how well they where balanced. No more spacers on my cars, just to much of a headache
Hi! I have 3/16 spacers on the front of my XLR-V. I do not have balance problems I purchased cnc machined spacers after being warned that low cost stamped spacers could cause an imbalance problem. Also, to make darn sure there would be no problems, I had the wheels balanced on the car. We have a local tire company that has the machinery to do this. The down side for this perfection is that the spacers must always stay indexed to the wheel the way they where balanced.

I am using factory XLR wheels. The spacers where required to clear aftermarket 6 piston Baer calipers.

Hope this helps.

Jack

How about a spacer that will make lug centric rims hub centric?

They are about 1/4 inch thick and they are not hub centric spacers.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom