Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Wheels

Blue Steel

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Blue Steel XLR .... 40,000 miles
Will xlr-v wheels directly bolt on a standard xlr? If not, is there a modification or bolt on that can be added to the rotors to allow the xlr-v wheels to bolt on? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated:blinzel:

Yes, V wheels will bolt up to the base XLR. You will need to have the speedo recalibrated with a Tech II for it to be accurate, as the V Wheels are 19" verse 18" on the base.

Will xlr-v wheels directly bolt on a standard xlr? If not, is there a modification or bolt on that can be added to the rotors to allow the xlr-v wheels to bolt on? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated:blinzel:

Thanks for the quick reply, thinking of maybe swapping to some different wheels

Yes, V wheels will bolt up to the base XLR. You will need to have the speedo recalibrated with a Tech II for it to be accurate, as the V Wheels are 19" verse 18" on the base.
When I had a base XLR I changed back and forth between stock 18's and the V 19's without a problem. The rolling height is about the same. I did have to reset the TPMS.

Because the profile series of the stock tires are also different between the 18" (235/50) and 19" (255/40)the revs/mile is very close to the same. 739 v. 745 in theory or .8%. An error of less than 1/2 MPH at 60MPH. There is more variance from tire brand/model or even from a new to a used tire.

According to my tire size converter 235/50R18 and 235/45R19 are of equal diameters, so the 235/45R19 tires should not need to have the speedometer re calibrated. :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom