Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Wind Deflector

bikemanbrad

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 black XLR
Can anyone tell me about the Wind Restrictor if you use it.
How does it mount, does it stay there with roof up and down?
Is it worth having ? Look good ?

Can anyone tell me about the Wind Restrictor if you use it.
How does it mount, does it stay there with roof up and down?
Is it worth having ? Look good ?

Hi I own one and I’m also Rep affiliate to selling the best Wind Deflector on the market! I love mine I bought and put on my 2005. I purchased the car in March of 2011 and ordered a WindRestrictor not long after. They attach Securely to the rollbars behind the seat with sturdy aluminum brackets not Velcro straps and have tested over 100 mph. You can purchase with plain clear or add lasers etched logos they offer or a customized graphic design of your own. Then you can add LED lights too, they offer single or a 7 multicolor led strip that goes under the WindRestrictor edge to light it up and serves at a 3rd light also when applying the brake pedal. It’s wires easy to the tail lights wires and complete setup on the car in approximately an hour! They look cool at night lit up! They really help block the turbulence in the cabin from backdraft entering from back, on cool weather days with the side windows up and top down it’s not bad driving at all! Any other questions let me know here or email me at WindRestrictorglowin4u@gmail.com
Use this website of mine below and save 10% OFF your whole purchase So go browse around the website or to purchase go here: Home page

Check some of pictures below!
d7644b491f2615cdac9ea4d967a9e3f8.jpg
9c9a7f641b2757e78a29cdcca147dc17.jpg

2504778d60d7c0c55eb41a15fcc0fcf4.jpg
95e9b36dcd78f534dc56755272d66f19.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/
This was the WindRestritor Group when they came up to CORVETTES AT CARLISLE PA SHOW from Texas where the live a build the the WindRestictors at:20190326/2e6dd95ab7174566cdf21ce2ecba895b.jpg
They also offer LED Door Sills and Lloyd’s Custom Floor Mats
406810ae7733e5d15abddf173cf61009.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, will check it out tonight but doesn't sound like it will look ok with brackets on the roll bars....damages them ?..stays there all the time ?
Thanks.

Thanks, will check it out tonight but doesn't sound like it will look ok with brackets on the roll bars....damages them ?..stays there all the time ?
Thanks.

No Damage they have a rubber attached to install side. I’ve personally drove top down over 110 mgh and it’s stays in place also mine been on since 2011 the only thing I do is check the Allen screws every spring, but they always been ok, but still check them anyway!

Last edited:
I’ve had one in my XLR since 2012. Very nice install. Looks very clean. Yes it always stays in place. Only thing I would recommend is to see if you can have it made about 1” taller. The top edge of it cuts right across the rear window when looking in the rear view mirror.

I am in the design process now with them. I can honestly say that the customer service so far has exceeded my expectations. I believe this will be a very quality product that will enhance the beauty of the XLR and I've read testimonies on this forum about the function of the design is superior. And the ability to individualize our Wind Restrictor is what made me take the plunge. I'm eagerly anticipating the final product.

I am in the design process now with them. I can honestly say that the customer service so far has exceeded my expectations. I believe this will be a very quality product that will enhance the beauty of the XLR and I've read testimonies on this forum about the function of the design is superior. And the ability to individualize our Wind Restrictor is what made me take the plunge. I'm eagerly anticipating the final product.

Yes they go out of their way to satisfy the customer!

Last edited:
Hopefully since you are getting a custom one they won't give you ancient glued parts like I got with the basic one.

Hey

I have a wind deflector, if anyone wants to buy it. I took it off my X when I got it. It lights up with the brakes. It has writing on it... I think the Cadillac logo etching. It is really nice. just not my thing... PM me if you are interested and I send some pics

Bill

Hallo,
Ja ich möchte den Windabweiser,was soll er kosten,mit Versandt nach Germany.Bitte schicke mir die Fotos.
liebe Grüße
Willi

Translated: > "Yes I want the wind deflector, what should it cost, with shipping to Germany. Please send me the photos.
best regards"

:blinzel: :wave:

Purchased the Windrestrictor after a few attempt at other Brands....AT that time, did not come tinted so I had it smoke tinted on my own......Has been on since then..stays on top up or down...
Definitely worth the investment ...Minimizes wind buffeting and allows for a normal conversation...
Only negative for me is the reflections I get thru it as well as what was mentioned in needing to be slightly taller as to not cut off what looking thru in Rear View mirror

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back