Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Wind screen

Bob Loedding

Ex Ambridge, PA ex Crafton PA, now Nashville, TN
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist XLR
I'm thinking of getting a windscreen to reduce wind turbulence with the top down. Any experience/comments on wind screens?

I purchased a windscreen from the WINDBLOX company on Amazon. $295 no shipping cost. There was not yet a model on their web site for the XLR, although they do make it. It is a proprietary plexiglass, not tinted. Very easy to install/remove. Very heavy Velcro straps that insert through cutouts - 2 each side - and go around the roll bars. Just returned from a 5 day trip to the Smokey MT. Park, driving the Tail of the Dragon. Great fun, lots of use of manual drive throughout the park and into North Carolina. Wife loved driving it too in manual. Some reflection on the Wind Blocker, but not distracting. Tested wind screen at speed on interstate. Good below 50 MPH, need windows up over that speed. We are leaving it installed and no problems with top up or down. So far satisfied with it. Experience with the company very positive.
Thanks for your initial responses, helped me when looking at various options.

Last edited:
I have a WindRestrictor brand deflector, just plain glass, but tinted. I guess it makes some difference, but it's not huge, to my estimation.

There are a couple of downsides: You can't reach the back deck or the inside of the back window to clean. The one I have produces a lot of reflections that can be distracting. Maybe it's the tinting, I don't know.

John B.

I have a plain Windrestrictor which I also tinted ...I agree with JohnnyBfromPeoria about it producing a lot of reflections and making some difference with the windows down...
It makes a big difference in reducing wind turbulence if you have the windows up ..back of your hair may still blow a little, but you can listen to the radio and have a conversation and not be battered by the wind..
Think it's a good addition to your baby...

Windrestrictor is the company name..out of Dallas Texas...1-972-487-5987...Just tell them it's for an XLR..When I purchased mine, they did not have smoke tinted ones ,so I had to have it done...If that is a preference of yours, I understand it is now available.....

I bought the cheapest Windristrictor I could get a couple years ago. It's good if you're going to drive around in the cold, or have long hair that whips around from behind, otherwise MHO, they are uneeded in the XLR. I too found the reflections very very distracting, especially when you see movement out of the corner of your eye from reflections in it behind the passenger seat. Also, mine was not very well made, the glue used on it had dried up, the double sided tape didn't stick anymore.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom