Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

windscreen opinion

hawkeye372

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infrared xlr
I think i posted this at first in the wrong discussion area

now that i have my XLR I want to customize it. I want to first look into a windscreen. But i first want to know which is the best for the least amount of money. I have just started looking around the net and found windrestrictor. The others that i asked people here on were the mesh stye. But my question is what ever i get will i have to take it down every time i put the top up? I looked on you tube at some of the xlrs and the one piece that moves so the top goes in and out of the trunk, looks like it'll get in the way.

I'll take all advice into consideration
Thanks

windscreen

You will be able to put the top down and up with either one of the two windscreen.
I have both. I have a windrestrictor with a gold light feature which i dont use right now since i purchased a OE mesh windscreen off the internet. I tend to like the mesh better. The windrestrictor reflects a headlight glare and when the light feature is on it give off a reflection inside the cockpit of the car. although you will some of the Net members prefer the wind restrictor.
but as i said both can be left in place at all times

I have the windscreen and love it. I have had people comment how classy it is. A couple came up to me last Saturday at the car show and asked about it, they have a Mustang and want to get one for it as they were so impressed with mine. Just my own personal opinion, I think the wind restrictor tends to take away from the elegant, classy look of the XLR.

I have the windscreen and love it. I have had people comment how classy it is. A couple came up to me last Saturday at the car show and asked about it, they have a Mustang and want to get one for it as they were so impressed with mine. Just my own personal opinion, I think the wind restrictor tends to take away from the elegant, classy look of the XLR.

I agree with you FR, just can not justify the cost for any of them.

There's a good review over at windscreenreview.net of different windscreens for the XLR, including acrylic and mesh windscreens. But really, don't expect any windscreen to perform miracles on the XLR. Since they all mount onto the roll hoops, and the roll hoops are pretty short, there's just not a lot of real estate to block the back wash. So, make you decision along the usual points of looks, value, warranty, ect.

Thanks all I appreciate all the comments.

Like mentioned in a previous thread I have one on my Crossfire Roadster Limited. For some reason I just like the OEM Cadillac windscreen, it just seems like its more appropriate for the car....imho.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry