Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Wood on a V steering wheel

Phrede

Seasoned Member
On a different thread this came up. I thought I would/wood start a new thread on the topic. I'm just curious if anyone has or has seen a '08 or '09 V with wood on the steering wheel? Maybe it is just on the '08s since the '09s used a different wood.

Phrede,

The wood wheel accent was on the top 1/3 of the steering wheel. As I understand it, Cadillac had a problem getting them from the vendor, so some of the '08's came with the wheels for V's (V models do not have the wood wheel)

'08 was the first year for heated steering wheels & some of them were cracking the wood on the steering wheel. All of the Cadillac models with this problem were built without the wood on the steering wheels until the problem was corrected.

'06-'08 XLR-Vs used Zingana wood trim. '09 XLR-Vs used Black Olive Ash wood trim.

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...ssion/6216-04-09-xlr-history-information.html

"2008: heated steering wheel introduced, RPO N31 XLR/Platinum. RPO NR7 XLR-V.*Due to a shortage of steering wheels, many of the '08s were built without the wood on the steering wheel. A credit was applied to the cost of the vehicle or the customer could choose to have the correct steering wheel installed @ a later date."

I'm confused and did some searching online. Here is a pic of a V with wood on the wheel, although it is pre 2008.
2006-Cadillac-XLR-V-Interior-Top-1280x960.jpg

But then this pre '08 V does not?

2008-cadillac-xlr-v-interior-photo-181108-s-1280x782.jpg

Here is a '08 or '09 non-V with wood
flickr-3068653576-image.jpg

Attachments

• flickr-3068653576-image.jpg
    flickr-3068653576-image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 724
There were no '06-'09 Vs built with the wood on the steering wheel...that I know of. The one picture may have been a pre-production XLR-V.

Thanks Bruce, Here is another one. Still looking. What year did the light on the console between the switches go away?

cadillac-xlr-v-interior2.jpg

Light on the console between the switches

2004 and the 2005 had the light between the switches it was for the air bag. the 2006 did not have it.:wave:

That is correct, it was moved into the rearview mirror.

2004 and the 2005 had the light between the switches it was for the air bag. the 2006 did not have it.:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom