Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! WTB 2005 Key Fob

CtCarGuy

Just took delivery of my 2005 XLR. The single key fob is in rough shape but works. I want to buy 2 new key fobs. I've seen them from $75 to $145. I want to besure that I can program them my self.Love the car. Has 80K, blacked out grill and emblems.

CTCarGuy Connecticut

Awesome!....welcome to the forum and the world of XLR’s! I believe there is directions in the manual to program them yourself, but if you can’t, most any GM dealer should be able to get them programmed for you without to much cost! I bought the 2008 XLR fob which hides the key inside the FOB
35af6de977b94919e6b850a42d051a4c.jpg

07622402124c142a52a47785222fc4e2.jpg

Thanks
Caddy Dan using Tapatalk

I believe they will. I know 04 is pretty much the same as our 05 model, you can try and search the forum, there is so much information on here from owners, past owners and even some mechanics are on here! If you have a cell phone that loads apps consider the Tapatalk App is super easy to add pictures and follow post compared to forum especially for pics!

Thanks
Caddy Dan using Tapatalk

You can program up to 4 fobs, just beware that the ones you reprogram will be #3 & 4. Don’t throw your old one out because the seat and mirror programming won’t work with the #3&4 fobs. Good to have back ups, but if your old fob goes bad, only a dealership can reprogram the fobs for the #1 &2 fobs, which are needed for seat and mirror memory settings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back