Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

WTB 2009 grill

b_pappy

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
Looking to buy a stock grill for a regular 2009 XLR (not the V series). Let me know if you have one please. Thanks.
Bruce

Looking to buy a stock grill for a regular 2009 XLR (not the V series). Let me know if you have one please. Thanks.
Bruce
From what I understand the 2009 grille will only fit the 2008 - 2009 models, I may be wrong....Cadillac Tech chime in.... :cool:

:cool: Just found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-2010-CADILLAC-XLR-CHROME-grill-grille-OEM_W0QQitemZ260527060234QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Par

324323421_tp.jpg

Yeah, I've heard that, I'm thinking it can be adapted to fit. I like the more open look of the '09 grill. I need to find an '09 XLR locally I guess to spend some time with and compare.
If anyone could find out exactly why the grill does not fit exactly I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks for finding that grill, that's cheap enough I might start with that one.
Bruce

Bruce,

Obviously the front and rear bumper fascia's are different on the '09 to older models; and the '09 models have the raised hood; but I believe the alignment of hood, fenders, headlights are probably the same, as this was only an upgrade cosmetically to the exterior. So you may be able to make it fit. There may be different mounting techniques, not sure as I am not a mechanic or bodyman, but that seems to be the onle differences I can see---except of course for the ugly side vents.:pukeface:

Just my opinion. You are probably best off to look over an '09 and take some measurements and make sure. Good Luck!!!

From what I can see it is the upper mounting tabs that are different. :cool:

Bruce,

Obviously the front and rear bumper fascia's are different on the '09 to older models; and the '09 models have the raised hood; but I believe the alignment of hood, fenders, headlights are probably the same, as this was only an upgrade cosmetically to the exterior. So you may be able to make it fit. There may be different mounting techniques, not sure as I am not a mechanic or bodyman, but that seems to be the onle differences I can see---except of course for the ugly side vents.:pukeface:

Just my opinion. You are probably best off to look over an '09 and take some measurements and make sure. Good Luck!!!

Yeah, not to offend any '09 owners, but I do not care for the vents or the lower GFX. If I could fit the grill I'd be a happy camper. I'll do some more research, but anyone who works in a body shop let me know.
Bruce

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back