Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! XLR Header Survey

WVsunnydays

My XLR/V(s)
2006 platinum XLR-V
I am considering having a manufacturer build headers with high flow CAT’s so I can make them available to interested XLR and XLR-V owners. I think I could sell them for about $1,895. If I decide to pursue this, I will need to have the headers with high flow CAT’s built in sets of 10 minimum and I think I could supply them by May 2016.

They would fit all XLR-V’s and 2007 – 2009 XLR’s with either stock exhaust or Corsa exhaust systems. There is also the distinct possibility that they will also fit the 2006 XLR but I need to find out more before I can confirm this.

So, I am trying to get an idea from XLR owners whether or not there is any interest in putting such a system on your car. I would appreciate hearing from you so I can get an idea of the actual potential sales.:cool:

12 thousand pre-2007 XLRs
4 thousand 2007 and later XLRs.

Why can't you make them for all years?

One Step at a Time

12 thousand pre-2007 XLRs
4 thousand 2007 and later XLRs.

Why can't you make them for all years?

I have a 2006 XLR-V. The prototype headers would be built off of my car. The stock exhaust manifold part numbers for all the XLR-V's and all 2007 - 2009 XLR's are identical. Therefore, I feel confident the headers would fit these vehicles. The 2004 - 2006 XLR's have a different exhaust manifold part number and I wouldn't consider stating that these headers would fit until I could actually verify it. It would be great if they did fit the 2004 - 2006 XLR's with certainty because that would greatly increase the potential market for them. Maybe they will fit, I just don't know. The risk of doing something like this is great enough as it is and I don't want to go crazy stating something I'm not sure of.:cool:

That's cool.

I'm just saying that if your plan is to actually get them made because people are willing to buy them, it might be worth your extra time/work to figure out what's different and increase you chances of more people getting them.

For instance, the Headlights from 2007 on will fit all XLRs, you just need an adapter for 2004 to 2006. Maybe the difference in exhaust manifold's are small enough that one can be designed to work with all.

Maybe someone else with more information will speak up in time. :thumbsup

I have a 2006 XLR-V. The prototype headers would be built off of my car. The stock exhaust manifold part numbers for all the XLR-V's and all 2007 - 2009 XLR's are identical. Therefore, I feel confident the headers would fit these vehicles. The 2004 - 2006 XLR's have a different exhaust manifold part number and I wouldn't consider stating that these headers would fit until I could actually verify it. It would be great if they did fit the 2004 - 2006 XLR's with certainty because that would greatly increase the potential market for them. Maybe they will fit, I just don't know. The risk of doing something like this is great enough as it is and I don't want to go crazy stating something I'm not sure of.:cool:

The rear hangers on the H-pipes on the V's are different from the rear hangers on the XLR H-pipes.

xlr headers

I am considering having a manufacturer build headers with high flow CAT’s so I can make them available to interested XLR and XLR-V owners. I think I could sell them for about $1,895. If I decide to pursue this, I will need to have the headers with high flow CAT’s built in sets of 10 minimum and I think I could supply them by May 2016.

They would fit all XLR-V’s and 2007 – 2009 XLR’s with either stock exhaust or Corsa exhaust systems. There is also the distinct possibility that they will also fit the 2006 XLR but I need to find out more before I can confirm this.

So, I am trying to get an idea from XLR owners whether or not there is any interest in putting such a system on your car. I would appreciate hearing from you so I can get an idea of the actual potential sales.:cool:

Interested for 2006 xlr!!

headers

Hello,
This is my first post so bear with me...
Two years ago the Speed Shop I use talked D3 into making a single set of headers for me. So I have my XLR-V headers sitting in a box. As I assume WVsunnydays lives in West Virginia - I live in Hurricane, West Virginia - I can offer my headers as the template if need be.
Just let WVsunnydays know to contact me.
Regards,

2008 XLR-V
Arctic White
Cashmere interior
D3 long tube headers / cats removed
D3 intercooler w/ electric fans
D3 upgraded intercooler reservoir
D3 upgraded pulley
D3 two stage intake
Ported intercooler
Lingenfelter intercooler pump
QTP exhaust cut outs
Wilwood Aero Big Brake Kit
WindRestrictor
Lambo Door Hinges

I see this is an older post but can anyone tell me if there was any progress on the header project. I am looking for headers for my 05 base with the 4.6

stuff

Hey,
D3 will build a one off set like they did for mine - assuming you will pay the price...mine were $2200:thumbsup

I've thought about calling D3. Never hurts to ask. They have the jig, all they need to to pay their welder to make another set.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom