Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! XLR Headlights

Bakertech

Seasoned Member
I am not sure if there are any members in this forum that are with GM Cadillac. Perhaps someone knows upper tier personnel at Cadillac such as Chief Marketing Officer Uwe Ellinghaus etc.

If Cadillac would design one of their new models that incorporated late model XLR Headlights then it would be a win-win for XLR owners who have no access to new ones, and to Cadillac who would already have the design in house and could just re-order.

I am sure there would be certain connections to be worked out but at least we would have a driveable vehicle in case of front end damage to headlights.

Gord.

I don't see any win-win for Cadillac to incorporate retro XLR headlights on their new models. It would be a "win" for the XLR only.

This is the downside of obsolescence. Note the new headlight design uses vertical, "blade-style" sets of LEDs in a very slim packaging form that flows with the contours of the front end.

As nice as the XLR lights looked when new, Cadillac's interior and exterior lighting designs have evolved and become an integral appearance cue to the new models. I personally like the slim blade effect. Legacy engineering cost is irrelevant.

The chiseled look of 2004, (XLR/CTS/SRX) has been replaced by softer lines for a younger, global, (ie: China) target demographic. If you compare front, rear, and side views of Cadillac's sedan line-up, they're all starting to look nearly identical, --only the length differs.

You are in good company. ELR owners are in for a real surprise in a few years when they can't obtain simple parts that aren't shared with the Volt. With less than 3000 sold, it's future isn't very bright.

CC :wave:

Last edited:
not going to happen,,

quote: "This is the downside of obsolescence."

Well stated CC.

Low production models.....after seven years they either forget about you or hope you buy a new model.
New technology advances are what keeps design engineers working....not 10+ year old model car problems.
(disclaimer > air bags)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back