Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR heaven

atl1dxg

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Beautiful wrapped dark space 3m
Hello to. We are an XLR owner now and love it. I had the car professionally wrapped. Absolutely beautiful.

Hello to. We are an XLR owner now and love it. I had the car professionally wrapped. Absolutely beautiful.

Welcome and add some pictures when you can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to The Club ! : )

Welcome aboard! I don't understand "wrapped", but must admit my curiosity is killing me. :) Please post some pictures when you can and maybe 'splain'?

Welcome aboard! I don't understand "wrapped", but must admit my curiosity is killing me. :) Please post some pictures when you can and maybe 'splain'?

WRAPPED is a new thing they been doing for a couple of years, where they glue n stretch a vinyl material over the original paint. In most cases it's actually protects the original paint too and can be removed usually with any damage if not left on to long! A lot companies use this now on their vehicles for a advertisement look!

Hmmmm?

WRAPPED is a new thing they been doing for a couple of years, where they glue n stretch a vinyl material over the original paint. In most cases it's actually protects the original paint too and can be removed usually with any damage if not left on to long! A lot companies use this now on their vehicles for a advertisement look!

So it's like Plasti Dipping your tool handles? But in this case you coat the whole car in Plasti Dip? OK, but I don't think I'd want to do this to my car. Appearance? Shiny? Matt Flat Finish? To me, it just seems a bit strange. I guess I just don't see the point. To each his own. :cool:

Or just maybe ya want a go a little crazy [emoji23]
934f558a44ea947c7b063caa919038d9.png

Interesting

Or just maybe ya want a go a little crazy [emoji23]
934f558a44ea947c7b063caa919038d9.png

OK, I guess I can see some application reason now. Although this is still something I would not do to my car. ;)

OK, I guess I can see some application reason now. Although this is still something I would not do to my car. ;)

Would not do this either, although they claim it's cheaper then repainting!

Wrapping vehicles

I talked with the owner of a company in my area that does vehicle wraps. It serves a few purposes. 1. It is mostly used for advertising purposes and can be changed whenever you want to change schemes. 2. Totally wrapping a vehicle also protects the original finish from rock chips and ultraviolet rays and makes it easy and cheaper to change the vehicle color. It can be removed with no harm to the original finish. Wraps also come in a variety of colors and finishes, i.e. Matte or gloss.

wrap

I love wraps. I grew up in the 60's and when you said you where going to get your car painted, every one asked what color. We changed colors on cars every week in the body shop. Hard to do correctly. We did fast and cheep repaints and not so good inside the jams etc. Now with wrap you can protect the original pain, change the complete look of the car and its not that much. I saw the guys at SEMA do a complete wrap of a Dodge magnum in one hour. Its the only way in my opinion to get a matte finish. Matte paint which cost 3-4000$ cannot be rubbed or buffed or hardly washed without damage. Matte vinyl wrap is easy to take car of.
All the major manufactures are looking at applications of wrap instead of paint. The dealer can have one white car and wrap it in any color to reduce inventory. Plus repairs are very cheap to do if you just need a panel wrapped as opposed to a repaint.

Xlr heaven a

I seen a demonstration this winter at Barron Jackson auction (Palm Beach) where they would completely wrap the car. The color would remaine the same. All touch up work would be done previous to wrap..the wrap is like a deep clear coat. Iooked ausome. After wrap they would take a key and file and scratch the hell out of the car. It made you shudder when they did it. Then they would pull out a heat gun and make the scratches disappear. If all worked as appeared it would be ausome. They could send you a kit or have one of there distributors acrossed the country install it with a warranty.
V Happy :dunno:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back