Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! XLR Key Fob -

azperson333

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR - Triple Black
I just purchased an 07 XLR that has only one key fob. It appears to be a #1 fob. My knowledge is limited, but I would like to have the #2 fob in case I loose the #1 fob. Can anyone comment on the fobs for sale on eBay or any of the other sites. Also, what about the programming? Some of these site indicate they can be programmed buy the car' owner and others say a Dealer would have to perform the task. Confusing?

Thanks for your help.

I just purchased an 07 XLR that has only one key fob. It appears to be a #1 fob. My knowledge is limited, but I would like to have the #2 fob in case I loose the #1 fob. Can anyone comment on the fobs for sale on eBay or any of the other sites. Also, what about the programming? Some of these site indicate they can be programmed buy the car' owner and others say a Dealer would have to perform the task. Confusing?

Thanks for your help.
The procedure for programming a second fob when you have one should be in your owners manual.

From my 2008 manual. 2008_cadillac_xlr_owners.jpg

Key Fob

Thank you for the info on re-programming key fobs. It will be most helpful.

I am still a bit in the dark on those who offer fobs for sale on eBay and other similar sites, claiming there fob is either OE or better. Maybe I am a bit paranoid - been scammed a time or two over the years -

azperson333

Xlr key fob

Azperson333
I have been watching the XLR fobs on eBay. I do not have a problem with mine but the one I carry is getting pretty scratched up. One guy is advertising new for $75.00 in GM packaging that seemed to be legit. The one you want(2) part # ends in 23. He has #1 and 2. I have run across some that are made for overseas but they haven't been on in awhile. You can program your own.
V Happy

There have been some that have "upgraded" to the later style of fob. I saw someone selling the case only for this rectangular style fob at a much cheaper price You may want to consider that. An advantage is that the emergency key resides in the fob.

Key Fob

Azperson333
I have been watching the XLR fobs on eBay. I do not have a problem with mine but the one I carry is getting pretty scratched up. One guy is advertising new for $75.00 in GM packaging that seemed to be legit. The one you want(2) part # ends in 23. He has #1 and 2. I have run across some that are made for overseas but they haven't been on in awhile. You can program your own.
V Happy

Thank you for the input - I did find the correct part on eBay and it is on its way.
azperson333

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back