Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR owners maintaining ownership ???

boilermaker

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black/Tan XLR: 2008 STS V8 AWD: 2008 SRX Premium AWD
It would be interesting to see how many of the thousands of us XLR owners are retaining ownership of their vehicle.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see how many of the thousands of us XLR owners are either retaining ownership of their vehicle and driving them or NOT retaining ownership due the lack of certain replacement parts.

More than likely, most have probably already gotten ridden of them, and we won't know because they're not on this forum anymore

the one thing i can't understand is out of the 100+ replys no one explained why they are keeping their cars.
is it because of the odds of something happening is pretty slim or that they just love their vehicles and are willing to ignore the risks.

It would be interesting to see how many of the thousands of us XLR owners are retaining ownership of their vehicle.
Being a Junior Senior Citizen @ 68, my V will be my last Sport car. Hopefully, it will take me to my end game in a few decades. After owning 27 cars, this one I'll keep UNLESS needed parts aren't found. Only averaging 100 miles monthly.

the one thing i can't understand is out of the 100+ replys no one explained why they are keeping their cars.
is it because of the odds of something happening is pretty slim or that they just love their vehicles and are willing to ignore the risks.
I've always wanted one of these cars not knowing the issues before being able to buy one. I personally love the attention I get when driving this car. Also since owning it and discussing the head light/tail light issues, I've been noticing many of the newer cars out there. I foresee the same issues with many. Also I'm retired and can't see trading this for a new one with quite possibly the same issues in the next generation of cars. So I'll just drive this one into oblivion. Been driving it everyday for the past few weeks. The weather here has been unseasonably warm and dry. That's why I'm keeping mine.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

We keep ours for the same reasons we bought them: love their looks & the way it feels to drive them. As for any "what ifs," that's all they are right now - "what ifs." There are so many other significant what ifs in our lives that we're not going to spend time worrying about a car. So I guess we essentially roll the dice & drive them & hope for the best, along with figuring if something happens some how, some way, a way to fix or replace it will develop.

Just my point of view

As for me, my XLR is here to stay.

Considering my ownership record on my other vehicles (check my Garage), I expect it to be in my life for a long time!

Hoping for the best

I've thought about getting rid of mine, but then I look at that beauty and think, "I just can't do it. I love it too much." To my way of thinking, one of the most beautiful cars ever, and it's mine, Mine, MINE!!!
As someone once said, "I won't think about that now. And after all, tomorrow is another day!"
So I'll worry about that parts problems tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm keeping my XLR! There's not many other cars on the road that are unique as the XLR. True. There's exotics and many luxury cars on the road, but not many of them look like the xlr and is always a head turner. A gentleman wanted to buy my car 25k in hand, but I told him that there's nothing I really wanted other than the car I now own.

If I may add. I've been wanting the car since 2005 and bought my current HRE wheels seven years prior to getting the car. Now that's a determined person right there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
XLR OWNERS RETAINING OWNERSHIP

As I may have stated before in a Thread here or there..I have always loved a good looking car...a good ride, but I never really had a relationship with them...It was a car...I have not been well versed in doing repairs or even washing and detailing...until now, and I am learning....
When I first saw the XLR I knew I had to have it...That was not just any car...I searched for quite awhile but as most of us know, life happens...timing is not always right..Whatever the reason
Now..I look at her and can't believe she is mine...In the end it does not matter to me the parts issues...quirkiness of the electronics or whatever difficulties may come my way..
The moment I sit inside and start her up..none of that matters...
This forum and its members...fellow enthusiasts, you members with excellent skills and knowledgebase,just add to the experience of owning her..And she is here to stay...

Keepiing the XLR

It would be interesting to see how many of the thousands of us XLR owners are retaining ownership of their vehicle.[/QUOTE

The contents of all the replies apply generally to me as well. I have always owned vehicles that were considered rare, individualistic, desirable and had lots of HP.
Kinda like growing old with the wife. Not quite as shiny and peppy but you know what you have. Not all the parts are replaceable but you love her anyhow. WE all know in the long run cars are cheaper than women!

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back