Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Part Auction in support of MTRocket

CanadianViking

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR
I had ordered a number of parts for my XLR and had them shipped to MTRocket (Rod) with the intention of driving down and having Rod install them. All the parts had been delivered to Rod's shop and he was storing them until I could get down to Montana. As we all know, Rod had the terrible misfortune of the fire at his shop and suffered the terrible injuries as a result.

I had assumed the parts to be lost in the fire and ordered replacements locally, but recently Rod contacted me to let me know the parts were fine and had been removed from his shop by his Father.

I would now like to put up these parts for auction here at XLR-Net.com with 100% of the proceeds going to Rod to assist with his recovery.

The Auction will run for 1 week, ending at 11:59pm MST, Sunday July 28th. Bids can be submitted to myself via PM. All bids will be kept confidential and the parts will be awarded to the highest bidder at time of auction close. Buyer is also responsible for shipping costs and the parts will be shipped by Rod from Montana to the successful bidder. Payment will be made direct to Rod.

As these parts are all in excellent condition, I would hope to see bids at, or greater than, the retail price of the parts.

The following parts are available:

Powder Coated XLR Calipers - Chrystal Red W/Black. Retail Price $350 USD:

Baer Decelarotor - slotted and drilled, Set of 4 (front and rear). Retail Price $566 USD:

XLR Rear Swaybar - complete assembly w/shaft, links, bushings, brackets. Retail price $124 USD:

You are bidding on each item noted above - Items will not be separated (ie: calipers sold as set of 4; rotors sold as set of 4).

Bids are submitted by PM to myself and the auction is open until 11:59pm July 28th. All proceeds will go to Rod (MTRocket) to assist with his recovery. Should we not receive bids on all items, I reserve the right to extend the auction.

Let the bidding begin!

That's good that the proceeds are going towards a worthy cause. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are those calipers the stock XLR ones with the raised XLR letters on the face, and what colour is the XLR lettering? Do you know how well they actually match the Crystal Red of an XLR?

Does the sway bar fit the base 05??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

So are those calipers the stock XLR ones with the raised XLR letters on the face, and what colour is the XLR lettering? Do you know how well they actually match the Crystal Red of an XLR?

Yes, they are the factory calipers ('04-'09) with clear XLR letters on the front calipers. They are a great match to the body color.

Very cool! I'm copying this thread to the News and Announcements forum so it appears on the homepage of the site as well.

just a reminder to everyone that today is the last day of the auction. Bids close tonight at 11:59pm MST. Bids should be sent to me via PM.

Good luck and thank you to everyone who has already submitted bids.

big thank you to everyone who submitted bids on these items and supported this wonderful cause.

Rod (MTRocket) will be contacting the winning bidders to arrangement payment and shipping.

Cheers,

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back