Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Performance Chips

akmorris

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Blue XLR
Has anyone installed one of the performance chip's on their car? If so was there any gain in HP or Milage as advertised? I have a hard time beliving that something so inexpensive will work as stated. It is very difficult to find anything for my 06'.

D3 in Stanton, CA seems to be one of the premier hot rodders of Cadillacs. It looks like they will be at SEMA this year, so I'll drop by and see their stuff in person, but they do offer dyno tuning and pre flashed ECM's. There may be others doing teh dyno tuning also.
Bruce

Someone should let D3 know where we are. They where on the old site and I might have mine flashed after some supercharger work. Already have the Volant system with ram air. My 1st gear is barbeling even when not using the selector which means I've picked up to much HP and guess I need to be flashed. Anyone remember their address off of Cherry Avenue near the road to the the Queen Mary?
D3 in Stanton, CA seems to be one of the premier hot rodders of Cadillacs. It looks like they will be at SEMA this year, so I'll drop by and see their stuff in person, but they do offer dyno tuning and pre flashed ECM's. There may be others doing teh dyno tuning also.
Bruce

Long ago, I talked to Jeremy from Faster Proms (he was highly regarded as a quality tuner by the Corvette community). He is based in Florida, but traveled a great deal and could possibly arrange to meet you at a local dyno. He was confident there was the potential for improvements in the base XLR and had already done work on the XLR-V. Contact info is on his website. (BTW- I have no affiliation with him and, as alwayz, buyer beware.)

Hope this helpz,
Jack

You can check out D3 Research & Design, Cadillac's catalog @ www.D3cadillac.com
They originally provided parts for the V-Series, but I believe they are now looking at the standard XLR.

Standby
The address is 2829 Grundy Ave., Signal Hill, CA

I installed their Stage 1 Power Package in the spring before R-III, and have enjoyed the increased HP.:cool:

Todd

Thanks Todd,
It's time to do some major changes to the V. There are too many cars out there that are trying to take my cherry statis and one day on a lonely stretch of hyway I will loose my O' Sherry, unless I kick this thing up.
I already have the Volant system and removed the matting in front of the filters to get ram -air and according to a tech in BG I picked up 30 hp with that move alone, so I need some other attention for my baby, not to mention a flash.
Thanks again
You can check out D3 Research & Design, Cadillac's catalog @ www.D3cadillac.com
They originally provided parts for the V-Series, but I believe they are now looking at the standard XLR.

Standby
The address is 2829 Grundy Ave., Signal Hill, CA

I installed their Stage 1 Power Package in the spring before R-III, and have enjoyed the increased HP.:cool:

Todd

Bob, you should check into letting D3 flash your eprom. I could tell a difference even on my standard 4.6 with the intake and exhaust. The flash was the icing on the cake. Besides, you need to pay them back for all the free food at their grand opening :laugh:

I don't want to give up my baffles in the rear of my exhaust, so I don't want to do the exhaust, and you know I have the Volant intake system with the matting removed to make it ram-air, so would it do any good to just get it flashed?
I also want to get the side fender vents but painted the same color as the car without changing out the fenders. I'm going to call them this week and see if I can get some bling that will out shine the 09 bling on the fenders before we do BBB

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom