Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Performance

Giz,,, Want to answer that!!

Giz,,, Want to answer that!!

For the base, you can add intake, headers, and exhaust; then tune. Might get you 30-60RWHP. Not much you can do to the 4.6 NorthStar.

The best performance mod is adding the rear swaybar.

Last edited:
Not mine, but I do want one! Volent air intake for base XLR and XLRV.

34099_.jpg

XLRV:
34100_.jpg

Where can the headers for the base XLR be found? Can the 2005 be tuned? I thought that I had read in other posts that it couldn't.

Where can the headers for the base XLR be found? Can the 2005 be tuned? I thought that I had read in other posts that it couldn't.

Since they are no longer manufactured, used is your only source. I found mine on eBay, but it was a fluke find. Just lucky I guess.

Given the incredible number of salvage cars (See my other post here), there have to be a few out there to be purchased. Unfortunately, you may have to buy the whole carcass to get them. I was searching the salvage cars for the D3 Blade Wing since this winter is aero mods for Elwood.

Is anybody here tied into the salvage yard network that can send out a request for headers, wings, '09 front and rear bumper clips, etc. I bet someone could make a few bucks tracking down NLA aftermarket and certain OEM parts for our cars.

Is anybody here tied into the salvage yard network that can send out a request for headers, wings, '09 front and rear bumper clips, etc. I bet someone could make a few bucks tracking down NLA aftermarket and certain OEM parts for our cars.

Check with MTRocket, he has a link to a salvage search, I have seen him post it before.

Since they are no longer manufactured, used is your only source. I found mine on eBay, but it was a fluke find. Just lucky I guess.

Given the incredible number of salvage cars (See my other post here), there have to be a few out there to be purchased. Unfortunately, you may have to buy the whole carcass to get them. I was searching the salvage cars for the D3 Blade Wing since this winter is aero mods for Elwood.

Check with MTRocket, he has a link to a salvage search, I have seen him post it before.

Check www.junkyarddog.com put in what you want to search for and they , in turn, send the search out to 1000's of salvage yards around the country. If one of the salvage yards has what you are looking for, they will send you an email and let you know how much $$. Then you contact the salvage yard directly and go from there.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom