Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! XLR Top Fluid

F

flittlejr

2005 XLR w/39000. Yesterday for the first time putting top down noise from pump and top kinda shuttered going down. Looked on forum. Checked fluid and it's about 1 inch below min mark. Ordering fluid today but being a closed system where would it go. first time checked since bought and no smell or wetness anywhere. Thanks for the help:dunno:

2005 XLR w/39000. Yesterday for the first time putting top down noise from pump and top kinda shuttered going down. Looked on forum. Checked fluid and it's about 1 inch below min mark. Ordering fluid today but being a closed system where would it go. first time checked since bought and no smell or wetness anywhere. Thanks for the help:dunno:

There is a screw right at the top of the reservoir that can be removed. You will need a small funnel and some rags to keep from making a mess.

XLR TOP

Maybe feel around the headliner for wet/oily spot? Leaks happen in the roof too.
Do you think it could be just a top off needed? It's about inch below min and car is a 2005. Checked the headliner and it's dry but only happened once and haven't put top down till I receive fluid. Of course if leak would have shown where fluid leaked. Any other likely suspects? Thank you for your input.:wave:

Oh its leaking......The hydraulic lines run down the right side of the roof into the trunk. The plastic lines fold at the upper rear window when top goes into trunk, look and feel there. Good luck

Oh its leaking......The hydraulic lines run down the right side of the roof into the trunk. The plastic lines fold at the upper rear window when top goes into trunk, look and feel there. Good luck
Thanks I didn't check back that far.Will dealer be able to repair with local parts? Thanks for replying Frank

My dealer at first claimed parts were unavailable. After I made a few phone calls to my extended warranty company and to GM. They found parts the next day.

What type of fluid does it use and where do you find it?

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back