Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLRs on Ebay

James Landi

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 (red) with wire grrile
I checked today for the first time in a long time, and I can report that the prices of XLR's on Ebay are unusually high-- well above "market values." An article in the NYTimes suggested that a recent phenomena has taken hold: that folks with expendable cash are buying and paying more for collectibles "from cars to coffee tables." Will be interesting to follow this trend. James

What ever an item is,,,from a car to a coffee table,,

"it's worth what it will bring in CASH,,,TODAY!"

I never check what they are asking but look at the ones sold. The ones with decent fixed prices tha tsold show they accepeted lower .the 05 with 60K miles was bid 5 times to 13-14K and did not sell .A little low but a couple looked to be bought about right. I like to check the copart wrecked cars and see the acv paid. thats what the insurance company was able to prove was the value of the car at time of accident .they usually are pretty accurate market values without excess markup but cash purchase values.

"The investor class," usually concerned about inflation, "hedges" by purchasing exotics. During the great inflation days when the oil embargo hit us hard in 1973- 84, folks with money were buying exotics--- scarcity value pressing market value up and up. I bring this up respectfully (not politically), for discussion purposes-- and just noted that a 1958 Cadillac Brougham sold for 185,000

You might want to watch (or even bid!?) on my 2004 XLR Mallett V going across the Barrett-Jackson auction block today at about 7-8 pm? ("Lot 833; check it out); No Reserve.

Thanks for the heads up at B. Jackson.... here's a recent one that sold --
This 2007 Cadillac XLR-V Convertible was sold at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale (2020) classic car auction on Jan 16, 2020 for 88,000 dollars

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom