Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

When to buy extended warranty

ebferro

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Red XLR-V
My 2007 V is going to be 3 years old in December. Is it time to buy the extended warranty yet?

extended warr.

Hi
5 yrs or 50,000 miles, starts from the day you pay for it. I am waiting until 49,500. That will take me to 100,000 miles. Talk to the Fritchner dealership. Great prices on both of my Vettes. The best plan will also cover the top, others won't.
grump

In the past I have received a quote from Fichnter, but always let my local dealer try and match it. I appreciate Fichnter, but would rather support my local dealer afloat if possible.
Bruce

what so cal dealer are you working with

I tried 3 different dealers in southern california and none of them matched Fichner..And there is no sales tax in Montana..Right there you are saving $97.50 per $1000..I told them all the same thing and I couldnt make a deal locally.

Good luck..Post if you get a satisfactory deal locally as I will be looking for a GMPP major guard on my wifes escalade soon.

BTW I just paid for the GMPP I bought 2 years ago..New radiator and computer plus rental car..GMPP is the way to go.

Didnt really answer the question

Personally I think you should run the original warranty down to almost nothing before purchasing the extended warranty.. Make sure you purchase before 48 months or 50,000 miles have expired. In my case I had less than 20,000 on the car. the warranty expired in december and I bought in November

I tried 3 different dealers in southern california and none of them matched Fichner..And there is no sales tax in Montana..Right there you are saving $97.50 per $1000..I told them all the same thing and I couldnt make a deal locally.

Good luck..Post if you get a satisfactory deal locally as I will be looking for a GMPP major guard on my wifes escalade soon.

BTW I just paid for the GMPP I bought 2 years ago..New radiator and computer plus rental car..GMPP is the way to go.

Rydell Chevrolet in Northridge, not a Cadillac dealer, they are just around the corner, but I know the Chevy guys better.
Bruce
PM if you want a name to speak to there.

Thanks Pappy

Thanks for the favourable comments re: Rydel. I have purchased both cars and warranties from them at competive pricing. Just couldn't get the pricing I wanted on the XLR at the time I bought the GMPP. I have almost 2 years left on the factory warranty on my wifes escalade so I am really not shopping at this date. However when the summer of 2011 rolls around I will definitely check again with Rydel.

JIM

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back