Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Considering a SRX

harrower

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infred red xlr-v
Considering buying a 2006 to 2008 AWD SRX. Any pros or cons would be appreciated.

Thanks

Considering buying a 2006 to 2008 AWD SRX. Any pros or cons would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have had three SRX, one six and two V8, one with the third row seat and two without. They are comfortable, great in snow, and plenty of clearance for off-roading in the mountains. My last one was an '07 and I got good milage. The third row seat is worthless but in the V8 it is hard to find a used one without the third row seat. You have to have the motor running to put the seat up and down as it takes a lot of juice to do it. The large sun roof is a great feature. Since I no longer live in the mountains and rarely have guest to take off-roading I felt I didn't need it so traded it in for the DTS. My dealer told me anytime I need to take guest off roading he will give me an Escalade to use. I am sure you will love one, especailly if you are replacing a jeep with an SRX. My last one also had the Sport Package and the trailering package.

I have had three SRX, one six and two V8, one with the third row seat and two without. They are comfortable, great in snow, and plenty of clearance for off-roading in the mountains. My last one was an '07 and I got good milage. The third row seat is worthless but in the V8 it is hard to find a used one without the third row seat. You have to have the motor running to put the seat up and down as it takes a lot of juice to do it. The large sun roof is a great feature. Since I no longer live in the mountains and rarely have guest to take off-roading I felt I didn't need it so traded it in for the DTS. My dealer told me anytime I need to take guest off roading he will give me an Escalade to use. I am sure you will love one, especailly if you are replacing a jeep with an SRX. My last one also had the Sport Package and the trailering package.

Was your last one a V8? Good tip on third seat. Do you have more interior room without the third seat? Most of the V8's I've seen are not AWD. I really like the sunroof. Is the SRX as comfortable on trips as the DTS? We use our DTS for long trips now.

Was your last one a V8? Good tip on third seat. Do you have more interior room without the third seat? Most of the V8's I've seen are not AWD. I really like the sunroof. Is the SRX as comfortable on trips as the DTS? We use our DTS for long trips now.

The first one was the six and was sold to me as AWD, a year later they replaced it as it was not AWD. I never had a problem with it in snow or in the mountains but my daughter did. The second was a V8 and had the third row seat. it also had an aftermarket small sunroof which I never opened. The last one was also a V8, no third row seat and the large sunroof and also AWD. The seats are very comfortable, they hold your back in a good position. I also liked the shifter as you just tap it to shift up and down which is great in the mountains or on snow and ice. I shift up and down rather than useing brakes, much safer and better control of the vehicle. Maybe you need to make a trip to Colorado as most all of the SRX here are AWD. The DTS is the best for long trips but I am sure, depending on age, size, and medical conditions you will find the SRX is the best cross over. I am almost 76, have degenerative disc desease, which equates 24 hours a day pain. If I needed an suv I would buy an SRX again. They are easy to get in and out of and the cargo space is very good. Without the third seat you have compartments in the floor which I used for my rock hunting tools. Since you have the DTS and the XLR, I would get an SRX that is loaded with all the bells and whistles. Everyone I know that has one loves them just as I did. I live in a small enclave and there are several other types of cross overs here, the SRX is by far the best, one neighbor is on his second one. Hope this helps you.

The first one was the six and was sold to me as AWD, a year later they replaced it as it was not AWD. I never had a problem with it in snow or in the mountains but my daughter did. The second was a V8 and had the third row seat. it also had an aftermarket small sunroof which I never opened. The last one was also a V8, no third row seat and the large sunroof and also AWD. The seats are very comfortable, they hold your back in a good position. I also liked the shifter as you just tap it to shift up and down which is great in the mountains or on snow and ice. I shift up and down rather than useing brakes, much safer and better control of the vehicle. Maybe you need to make a trip to Colorado as most all of the SRX here are AWD. The DTS is the best for long trips but I am sure, depending on age, size, and medical conditions you will find the SRX is the best cross over. I am almost 76, have degenerative disc desease, which equates 24 hours a day pain. If I needed an suv I would buy an SRX again. They are easy to get in and out of and the cargo space is very good. Without the third seat you have compartments in the floor which I used for my rock hunting tools. Since you have the DTS and the XLR, I would get an SRX that is loaded with all the bells and whistles. Everyone I know that has one loves them just as I did. I live in a small enclave and there are several other types of cross overs here, the SRX is by far the best, one neighbor is on his second one. Hope this helps you.

Robert - Thanks for your insight! This helps.

Dave

I had an 2005 SRX, 6 with third row seating, on a 3 year lease. It's was a great SUV with plenty of power. We took weekly trips to our ski house up in Vermont and never had a problem in the snow. In fact it was more sure footed than any other SUV I have ever owned.
Turned it in for a CTS/4, which handles equally well but doesn't have the room.
When my current lease is up I'm getting another SRX.

I had an 2005 SRX, 6 with third row seating, on a 3 year lease. It's was a great SUV with plenty of power. We took weekly trips to our ski house up in Vermont and never had a problem in the snow. In fact it was more sure footed than any other SUV I have ever owned.
Turned it in for a CTS/4, which handles equally well but doesn't have the room.
When my current lease is up I'm getting another SRX.

Would you get a 2010SRX?

Dave

I love the new look of the 2010, but I haven't check it out in person, yet.
My current lease is up in June of 2011, (two NY winter's away):patriot: so I have lots of time to decide.

Thanks

From your neighbor to the north,

I had a 2005 AWD SRX 6 that I drove all over northeast Ohio. Just sold it this last summer with 40,000 miles on it to one of my family members. Plenty of power. It was great in the snow. No maintenance issues. I didn't realize just how much leg room was in it until I started shopping around and looked at other models such as the STS for example. And the sunroof was exceptionally great. Bottom line is that it was a great car. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Kevin

Thanks

One more note on the SRX. If you don't already know, the SRX had (or has) two different sized tires on it. The front tires are smaller than the rear. It limits to a certain degree your tire choices when it's time to replace them.

It caused me a minor problem when during preventative maintenance, non-Cadillac technicians rotated the tires. It handled oddly, and the mistake was found and corrected. But regardless, the SRX I had was a great car.

Kevin

From your neighbor to the north,

I had a 2005 AWD SRX 6 that I drove all over northeast Ohio. Just sold it this last summer with 40,000 miles on it to one of my family members. Plenty of power. It was great in the snow. No maintenance issues. I didn't realize just how much leg room was in it until I started shopping around and looked at other models such as the STS for example. And the sunroof was exceptionally great. Bottom line is that it was a great car. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Kevin

Thanks for your input. Now, if we can find a white SRX.

Thanks for your input. Now, if we can find a white SRX.

I don't know what your dealer is like, mine would find the color and equipment I want and have it transported to the dealership. With the Internet they can find you what you want and for the right price.

View attachment 486

Got One!

Got our SRX and love it. 2008 SRX 4 with NorthStar - 6 speed auto.
Has Cadillac CPO through 2014.

:cool:

Congrats. :rocker:

Congrats on the car it will look good in your sable.:)

Fred:wave::wave::wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back