Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Extended Warranty

danno58

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Zenon Blue
[FONT=&quot]Just purchased a 2004 Cadillac XLR with 21000 miles. It is out of warranty and I have no choice but to consider another extended warranty other than GM (which I have on the SSR).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Can anyone suggest a good company to go with? Triple A was the first to come to mind?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any advice is appreciated.[/FONT]

GMPP

The ONLY warranty that is going to cover most of the car is the GMPP Major Guard. I wouldnt even consider a 3rd party warranty.

Mine has already paid off when I had to replace the radiator and Engine Control computer.

Several dealers have good pricing. Personally I used Fichner Chevrolet in Laurel Mt.

There are other threads on this issue on this site and others. check them out

JIM

Re read your post

Hi.. I see the car is out of GM factory warranty because of age, not mileage.. Things are tough in the automotive sales world. I would talk to your local Cadillac dealer and see what they can do for you.. NEGOTIATE!! and good luck.

JIM

I purchased my 06 XLR, in August, used from the Caddy dealer who sold it originally in 06. The factory warrantee is still good until December 09, but I still purchased a Cadillac extended warrantee (bumper to bumper) to 100,000 miles. I would not recommend a 3rd party insurer. When I go to the dealer for service all the history and warrantee info is in the computer and there is no problem.:)

Then AAA is usually the best way to go. I don't think I would trust any other company.

Was able to get a GMPP for 3 years, 45000 miles!
A guy at the SSR Forum gave me a name of someone he used and he put it through for me.
Here's the guy's info. Great guy to work with.

MANNY YBARRA
Finance Manager
Watson Chevrolet
Tucson, Arizona
520 292-1500

Glad you got the GMPP--that's the only one that will cover any top issues.

A guy at the SSR Forum gave me a name of someone he used and he put it through for me.

MANNY YBARRA
Finance Manager
Watson Chevrolet
Tucson, Arizona
520 292-1500

MANNY YBARRA
Finance Manager
Watson Chevrolet
Tucson, Arizona
520 292-1500

Would it be bad manners to ask what he charged? The dealership that I was going to work with actually backed out on the contract and I still have amost 2 mos of the Certified Warranty left. So I am going to be without warranty coverage too. What's the name of the package?

I just purchased a GMPP Major Guard 3/36 (38k on my odo) From Capital GMC here in Richmond, VA for $1735.00...cheaper than any dealer that I found.:cool:

Capital GMC
5500 S. Laburnam Avenue
Richmond, VA 23231
804-222-4600
Steve Dixon

XfireXLR - was your car out of warranty? That sounds like a great price.

Warranty for an '06 is four years 48,000 miles or maybe 50,000 miles am not sure which miles without looking in my book. My '06 is good until 2012 thank the good Lord and pray Cadillac will still be standing behind it.:):):)

XfireXLR - was your car out of warranty? That sounds like a great price.

My car was still in warranty (38K on the odometer and it expired on 11/09/09) shopped around until the last week before it expired. :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom