Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Top malfunction

S

scott garland

have an '05 that had some serious electrical issues with top module, suspension module, top operation. After substantial investment in repair of non-warranty work everything works not dependably the top will lower and everythings works fine about 50% of the time. It acts like the filler panel that folds under the trunk panel catches. Afte rseveral will complete the job. Does anyone have a clue? Are there service manuals available?

Scott,

It sounds like the top limit switch is not adjusted properly. The key is the data from the folding top module.

what about shop manuals? Are there any available for this vehicle? It would be helpful as the local dealer is not cerified for the xlr and less interested or helpful. If this is a simple adjustment then it might be something either i or my local tech could fix.

i also have a problem with seat heat and cooling. I haven't started on it yet other then order the new tubes that go in the seat. I suspect that someone has hacked them up. I can't stand butchers.

what about shop manuals? Are there any available for this vehicle? It would be helpful as the local dealer is not cerified for the xlr and less interested or helpful. If this is a simple adjustment then it might be something either i or my local tech could fix.

i also have a problem with seat heat and cooling. I haven't started on it yet other then order the new tubes that go in the seat. I suspect that someone has hacked them up. I can't stand butchers.

Scott,

Keep your eye on EBAY:

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_fr...13&_odkw=Cadillac+XLR+repair+manual&_osacat=0

Scott,

Sorry to hear about your folding top issues. Loose (--they have to be bonded in place after adjusting) and failed sensors are the biggest culprits. A shop manual will only get you so far, since you need a ($3k!) Tech II diagnostic tool to read the position sensor data, make the correct mechanical adjustments and then calibrate the top by storing the position data in the Folding Top Control module's memory. The best advice I can give you (having been where you are problem-wise) is to find a dealer that knows what they're doing, get the top fixed right, and enjoy your ride.

Best of luck,
CC :wave:

Helm.com has the OEM manuals. Only hard copy. I would love a .pdf version!

I have found that the fan in the seat goes bad. They are about $65 and aren’t too hard to replace if you feel that you can remove the seat.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom