Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Bought my wife her Dream Car...

01_Ram-Air

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black Raven XLR
My wife was looking for a specific combination.... Black on Black w/ Dark Eucalyptus Wood. After searching for a while, I finally found the car she was looking for. I live in the Tampa Bay, FL area and found the car at a dealership in Miami, FL. I called them up, discussed some financing to my liking and gave my credit card to have them take the car off the lot for sale and hold it while I drove down. The dealer went ahead and had the car detailed so that it was ready to go when I got there. Unfortunately, when I pulled into the city limits of Miami it was pouring rain. I got to test out the windshield wipers on the first test drive... Welcome to FL summer time where it rains every day. Ironically, about 30 minutes after taking the test drive, it quit raining in the area. Doh! We filled out all the necessary paperwork and a couple hours later she was driving her car back home :yesnod

It amuses me so I figure I'll share this little story. I had talked to my salesman a couple times over the phone before I drove 4 1/2 hours one way to take a look at it. When I got to the dealership and introduced myself to the guy, he looked at me and said, "Oh!, I thought you were a little older". A little later in the transactions I ask the guy.. "So, I'm guessing you don't sell a lot of cars to guys my age?" ....I'm at Braman BMW of Miami which sells tons of High End cars (BMW, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Bugatti, etc)..... He looks at me :skep and says, "Ummm, cars like that? NO!". I got a kick out of that. I'm not a real young guy but probably in a group of your younger members on here... I'm 29 and my wife is 27.

A little history about the car. Car was originally purchased in 2005 and was used in Lakeland, FL as a commercial vehicle. From there, Ed Morse Cadillac of Tampa had the vehicle and sold it to a private individual in Kissimmee, FL. This person had the vehicle until it ended up at the dealership in Miami. So, the car has pretty much stayed in the same general area that I live in. I would say as a word of advice... if you end up selling any of your cars that have a Navigation system, make sure you clear it out before you turn it over. I can see the previous owner's address as it's saved as 'Home' in the Navi system along with a lot of different places they have traveled. Not that I personally care about the guy's business, but you never know who the next person is that will buy the vehicle.

I am a victim of the common burnt lens that happened in the 2004 and early 2005 models (This carfax shows it had 10 miles on 12/22/2004 and was purchased with 21 miles on 1/4/2005) I'm wondering if anyone has any connections to help get this taken care of without coming out of pocket $2000+. I'll post my experiences at the local Cadillac dealerships in another thread altogether.

As a new owner of the veh, I wanted to get a copy of the Cadillac service history. Out of curiousity, has anyone ever been told it's "Illegal" for the Cadillac Service Manager to provide you with a copy of this document?

I guess you're probably tired of reading and want to see a couple pictures of the car. Here you go and sorry for the long introduction. :cheers

JennsXLR8.jpg

JennsXLR7.jpg

JennsXLR6.jpg

JennsXLR5.jpg

JennsXLR15.jpg

JennsXLR12.jpg

JennsXLR11.jpg

JennsXLR18.jpg

JennsXLR17.jpg

JennsXLR16.jpg

JennsXLR10.jpg

JennsXLR4.jpg

JennsXLR3.jpg

JennsXLR.jpg

The Wifey reading up on all the gadgets and gizmos...

iPhonePictures046.jpg

After the deal was finalized...

iPhonePictures048.jpg

iPhonePictures049.jpg

I think she was happy...

iPhonePictures054.jpg

I've had two XLRs and any dealer can print the vehicle history for you. Try Homestead Cadillac, they printed one for me when I took mine in to be serviced. I bought my 06 while on vacation in the Keys. I think the service guys name is Scott, real nice guy. Congrats on your new ride, you will love it!! (I'm in my 30s and yes, while I believe the XLR was initially marketed for the 55 and up crowd, you will find a wide range of ages on this forum)

Congratulations. The car matches her hair! Now, are you heading to Bowling Green?

Bob

Congrats and welcome to the forum. :cool:

My wife was looking for a specific combination.... Black on Black w/ Dark Eucalyptus Wood. After searching for a while, I finally found the car she was looking for.... I think she was happy...

What an awesome looking machine! Looking forward to meeting you two and perhaps presenting some Florida based "ebony and ivory" XLRs at a car show or other events. Welcome...you will like it here!

Steve

Congrats on your new ride, it's beautiful !!! It looks like your wife really likes it. :rocker:

Send me the last 8 of your VIN and your email address, & I'll send your warranty history & vehicle build information.:wave:

Congrats!!!! Your wife (and you) will LOVE the XLR and this forum!!!! Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. We already do Love the car and I'm liking what I'm seeing around this forum... it's a lot more active. There's a lot of threads I need to go read.

I've had two XLRs and any dealer can print the vehicle history for you. Try Homestead Cadillac, they printed one for me when I took mine in to be serviced. I bought my 06 while on vacation in the Keys. I think the service guys name is Scott, real nice guy. Congrats on your new ride, you will love it!! (I'm in my 30s and yes, while I believe the XLR was initially marketed for the 55 and up crowd, you will find a wide range of ages on this forum)

The reason I was asking if anyone else had been told that it was "illegal" to provide the service history is that's what I was told by the service manager at the first Cadillac dealership I went to after purchasing the car. He wouldn't even just tell me what was done. Only thing he did was acknowledge all the recalls were up to date. I was a little taken back because I had read frequently where people were provided with this information. And to be honest, the only reason I even knew to ask for it was due to being recommended to ask for it by a forum member. So, I was kind of caught off guard with his response. :confused: I was curious if anyone else had experienced the same response from their dealership.

Congratulations. The car matches her hair! Now, are you heading to Bowling Green?
Bob

I'm not going to be able to make Bowling Green. I have to drive my Dad's 2004 GTO back to MO at the end of July. I've been building it up over the past two years here in FL. The car has 20,700 miles on it right now and puts down over 500 RWHP on the nitrous. There will be a 5 page spread on the car in the Nov 2011 edition of High Performance Pontiac magazine. Anyway, I have to take time off work to head out there so I'll miss BG. However, I'll have to start planning now for next year. :rocker:

What an awesome looking machine! Looking forward to meeting you two and perhaps presenting some Florida based "ebony and ivory" XLRs at a car show or other events. Welcome...you will like it here!

Steve

I'm very excited that you're going to make it out to the All GM car show this year. Maybe we can convince a couple others to join us. There had to have been over a 1000 cars there last year... and not a single XLR. I ended up with some prime parking last year, if we could get the same spot this year, I'd be stoked.

Congrats on your new ride, it's beautiful !!! It looks like your wife really likes it. :rocker:

Send me the last 8 of your VIN and your email address, & I'll send your warranty history & vehicle build information.:wave:

You'll have a PM in a few minutes. I appreciate the help. :beerchug:

.....bought your wife.....

Let me first just say that you are a wonderful guy! :worship: Most guys want to have all the cool toys in their name......

So is 'the wife' going to join in on this forum or is she not enough of a car girl to get really involved: does she just drive them or does she live & breathe them?!? :(

We need more women 'car-girls' on this form: not that I don't like to talk to guys: matter of a fact I prefer men for many things :chuckle but it is rare to find women who love cars as much as I do! (currently taking a break from the heat at the Syracuse Nationals) If she is interested, put her in touch with me!

BTW: we have a vacation home in North Port!

Let me first just say that you are a wonderful guy! :worship: Most guys want to have all the cool toys in their name......

So is 'the wife' going to join in on this forum or is she not enough of a car girl to get really involved: does she just drive them or does she live & breathe them?!? :(

We need more women 'car-girls' on this form: not that I don't like to talk to guys: matter of a fact I prefer men for many things :chuckle but it is rare to find women who love cars as much as I do! (currently taking a break from the heat at the Syracuse Nationals) If she is interested, put her in touch with me!

BTW: we have a vacation home in North Port!

She's more of the driver type. I show her different things on the forums, drag her to car shows, etc but she'll probably never sign up.

North Port.. nice area.

Of course you realize that if MY wife ever sees this thread, I will have no choice but to hunt you down! :bash:

Your wife looks great in the car, and the Black paint looks a foot deep!

Congratulations, maybe you folks can join us next June for our trip to Pennsylvania. :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom