Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Nov 28-30, 2008, BBB III cruise

Sorry for the poor weather - it cleared by mid-morning and was sunny and warm the rest of the day.

The central valley tule fog is a killer; the stretch from Fresno to Kingsburg is host to many 100 + car pile-ups.

I'm glad to hear you made it home unscathed, with the top down! :blinzel: We had a great time!!

I want to thank Ray, Bob, Kent, Robert, and especially Ruth Ann for taking the time to dirve up and spend the evening with us. It was wonderful to see all of you agan, and to meet Robert(first robin). Just to see Ruth Ann's smiling face made my day...:):):) Seeing all the XLR's reminds we that we really do have the most awesome cars on the road.:rocker::rocker: You are all welcome to visit us anytime, Mark is always available for cooking & we are both available for drinking, drinking, and drinking .:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well, we are still up northern CA ... in a little town of Cupertino ..... tomorrow we will head back to SoCal ....
Niiiiiiiiiiice trip! Great hosts in both Burbank and Chowchilla ...
How many ways can I say the same thing .... our forum buddies are the best.
It was interesting that we actually saw 2 other XLR's in Burbank .... one at the hotdog stand .... and one at BBB .... his forum name is XLRking ... and I hope he is reading this .... NICE guy and his wife ... won't be able to join us in SA though .... they are going to Paris .... ahh, now there's another trip I'd like to take!

Going up the 99 to Mswaims ... our PD dropped off of an on ramp with her Passion Red and brought our caravan the last 10 miles into Chowchilla! It was a great way to see her again! She did a good job of herding us to our hotel and then on to the Swaim mansion ... what host's .... honest ... we were so well-fed I could hardly drink :pat: all of the great bubbly .... So, the mysterious mswaim cooks ..... and ladies, what Doris hasn't told us is that he CLEANS too! :blinzel: Whatta guy!

It was good to see everyone again ...
I will post a couple of pictures tomorrow night after we get home.

Would love to see some pics of your weekend. Madam RA did you get one of First Robin's head turning grandson? I hope so.

Would love to see some pics of your weekend. Madam RA did you get one of First Robin's head turning grandson? I hope so.

Typical!!--Always looking for another man to dig her claws into. :bash:
I'd rather see pics of Mark's cars and everyone else's X's in their mansion driveway:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Even had breakfast about an hour before Carney's chilit fries and hot dogs, but I restrained myself and had a waitress instead. Wish I had had the hot dog.:pat:
Her name is Danielle .... :love:

Yep ... he did it again.

RA

P.S. Having a fun trip .... b-pappy, who's name is Bruce - who keeps getting mixed up with Bruce (C-Tech) ... well, we need to rename him ... his own wife came up with Happy Pappy ... ha-ha ... I love it ...:lol: The Wives would love Tracy .... I am trying my da*ndest to get them to RIV ...
First Robin's young Marine grandson would surely steal some hearts .... ohhhhhh, if I was about 20! (I don't even remember 20! :willy_nilly:)... tomorrow it's the famous Carney's for their hotdogs ... and then on to Chowchilla ... this day went way too fast. :bawling:

What you all don't know is there there is no food in the Mswaim kitchen, every draw or cabinet you open up has wine or liqueur in it, so that lost key is BS. There is an ax hanging on the wall in case of lost key emergencies.
Hey, I got up this morning and I can't find the key to the liquor cabinet. Without it there will be no "hair of the dog" shot this morning............:pat:

I know we had a great time, I just wish I could remember it. :dunno:

Robert, that's not even fair. I didn't notice the lady with the beautiful smile and big boobs that I kept talking to all night. What the heck, her husband ignored her all night, I thought she was a waitress in disguise.
Doris & Mark really put on an out of this world meal for us last night, they had local friends in also. No waitress for Standby but I think he would have liked one of the neighbor ladies to be his waitress. Thanks again for your gracious hospitality. Heading to Ventura this morning, the fog has lifted. And yes Ruthie is right, my grandson is a head turner, takes after his grandpa.:laugh::laugh:Looking forward to RIV in San Antonio in May. First Robin

Where is Madam, YYPD, and First Robin? Are they still at Doris and Mark's. They haven't been on at all today? :dunno::dunno::wave:

Robert, that's not even fair. I didn't notice the lady with the beautiful smile and big boobs that I kept talking to all night. What the heck, her husband ignored her all night, I thought she was a waitress in disguise.

Hey guys, thats one of my friends you are talking about, and I can guarantee you, she has never been a waitress!!!:bash::bash::bash: (But, isn't she adorable) :wave::wave::wave::wave:

Home now ... Ray drove just over 500 mi from the San Francisco area .... we took our time .... looked around .... what a beautiful ride and what great weather we had. :cool:

The truth is the mysterious mswaim and PD live in a beautiful area of northern CA ..... smack-dab in the middle of a huge agricultural area. Of course, the main crop up there is GRAPES! :twist: Mile after mile of vineyards .... and if you ever saw their kitchen counters/cabinets/shelves/coolers .... etc .... you would know that mswaim imports most of those grapes right into his own house! Ohhhhh, but he shares!

We had a nice time .... :love:
I only have a couple of pictures on my camera ... and will have to rely on the others for posting ..... sorry - It must have been the bubbly :rolleyes: :lol:

Okay .... hmmm. Picture 1: At the Swaim Mansion ....

First Robin, JetBoyPHX, Detail Guy, Passion Diva, StandBy, mswaim.

Picture 2: In the parking lot of the Sportsman Lodge in Studio City for BBB...

Detail Guy, Lola's Mom, b_pappy, pappy's wife,
2nd row: JetboyPhx, Standby, First Robin.

Okay .... now, I will wait for other pictures to be posted .... I know our Happy Pappy is out of town right now ... but he got some good shots of the cars, I think ..... and mswaim, well, hmmm, I THINK he was sober when he took his pictures ... we'll just have to wait and see ... His Shelby was behind a closed door ... I didn't get any pictures of it. Ray said "the thing is frickin' awesome!" :rocker:.... Maybe Mark will post a picture of two .. :rolleyes:

Thank you Madam. It's good to put faces with the names.

Holy Moly - I think I have a better one; at least I have my eyes open and my mouth shut in it..............:cool:

Here's the only under-hood shot I have here at work of the Shelby.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom