Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! HOW ARE YOUR BODY PANELS AND PAINT

MI XLR V

My XLR/V(s)
2009 BLACK XLR V SUPERCHARGER
WHAT IS THE QUALITY OF THE BODY PANELS, FENDERS, DOORS AND PAINT.

WHAT IS THE QUALITY OF THE BODY PANELS, FENDERS, DOORS AND PAINT.

No complaints with fitting. Had some light surface scratches on the paint that required a detail/polish to get rid of, but nothing out of the ordinary.

No complaints with fitting. Had some light surface scratches on the paint that required a detail/polish to get rid of, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Can't believe your dealer let a new car leave like that!!!!

GOOD DEALER

I live in Boca Raton, Fl. If anyone knows of a dealer that knows what they are doing when it comes to XLRs, please let me know.

I love my car but I bet no one has had more electrical problems than I have.:pat:

I love my car but I bet no one has had more electrical problems than I have.:pat:
Don't put any money on that bet.

You have an '04 - I think it was more the exception than the rule that you wouldn't have a ton of problems, be it electrical, computer, the top, radiator, headlights, etc., etc., etc. ..... Hang in there, they eventually all get fixed. :)

The only problem I haven't read about is the NorthStar ..... that engine is a dream .... :cool:

I live in Boca Raton, Fl. If anyone knows of a dealer that knows what they are doing when it comes to XLRs, please let me know.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced with your XLR. On a side note, Welcome to the XLR Net!

Can't believe your dealer let a new car leave like that!!!!

To be honest, I specifically asked that my dealer not touch my car. I have had some bad experiences with dealership car washes/details. Most of them hire high school kids who may or may not know what they are doing. The towels they usually use are not the grade I like to use on my cars. Not to mention they probably reuse them many times before they get cleaned. They will drop them on the ground and then just pick it up and start wiping. They usually change the bucket water after 3 or 4 washes. You get the idea... Having your dealer wash your car is like letting the kids who are hosting a car wash fund drive clean your car. I always give the kids a donation, but not about to let them touch any of my cars. Call me anal, but I have a lot of money tied up in my "toys" so I'm a little picky who cleans them.

To be honest, I specifically asked that my dealer not touch my car. I have had some bad experiences with dealership car washes/details. Most of them hire high school kids who may or may not know what they are doing. The towels they usually use are not the grade I like to use on my cars. Not to mention they probably reuse them many times before they get cleaned. They will drop them on the ground and then just pick it up and start wiping. They usually change the bucket water after 3 or 4 washes. You get the idea... Having your dealer wash your car is like letting the kids who are hosting a car wash fund drive clean your car. I always give the kids a donation, but not about to let them touch any of my cars. Call me anal, but I have a lot of money tied up in my "toys" so I'm a little picky who cleans them.

I understand your reasoning; however most dealers--at least in our area either have a body repair shop in house or use a quality repair shop locally that knows what they are doing. If a car isn't to my 'perfection' when looking to buy, I point it out to them and make them fix it. For what they want for cars these days why should I take up my time to do their job. I too do all my own cleaning etc. after the sale. I also have a persoanl friend who has a detail shop and will occasionally take my cars or bikes to him for a thorough cleaning. Enjoy your new ride!!!

Your not anal. Cubby is just as picky when it comes to his toys.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom