Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Discontinued Parts

ccclarke

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2013 Graphite Metallic XTS Platinum
I've had quite a few PMs regarding missing parts, which prompted me to start a list.

The following parts are currently not available from GM as of the post date. There may be other parts not listed. Feel free to add any other parts you can identify to this thread and I'll try to keep it updated.

Note: SMC has some obscure parts for sale. Sorry for the ugliness of the list. All column spacing between the parts and part numbers vanished when posted.

CC :wave:

Part Name -- Part Number

Left HUD Dimmer Switch Assembly ................10350594
Driver’s Side Headlight Assy ..........................20779745
Seat Frame, Right ........................................88994351
Lower Seat Cover, Left, Ebony .......................88991575
Lower Seat Cover, Right, Ebony .................... 88991577
Lower Seat Cover, Right, Shale ......................88991576
Passenger Side Seat Cushion ........................ 88898577
Driver Seat Back Pad ....................................88898497
Passenger Seat Back Pad, Center, Ebony .........88963533
Tail Lamp Assembly, Right .............................20756026
Tail Light Assembly, Left ................................20756025
Front Tonneau, Driver Side Panel, Shale .......... 88956628
DSCC Sensor (2004) ......................................10349974
Door Trim Panel, Left, Ebony/Shale ..................10333943
Seat Speaker Grill Right, Shale ........................88898588
Seat Speaker Grill Left, Shale ..........................88898588
Seat Back Speaker Grill, Shale ........................ 88898588
Fuel Tank Level Sensor, Left ........................... 10310028
HUD (2004-2005)
Outer Hinge Pillar, Left ....................................10399137
Outer Hinge Pillar, Right ..................................10399136
(Door) Lower Hinge Roller, Left .........................25965626
(Door) Lower Hinge Roller, Right .......................25965626
Grille, Grey ....................................................10349914
Instrument Panel, Shale (Dash) ........................15913737
Knee Bolster, Shale .........................................10315797
Lower Insulator, Shale (Under Stg Wheel) ..........10372870
Cluster Trim, Shale, Left ..................................10343571
Armrest, Right, Shale ......................................10351112
Armrest, Left, Shale ........................................10340191
Armrest Pad, Right, Shale ................................10340191
Door Trim Molding, Left ...................................10334469
Door Trim Molding, Right ................................ 10334470
Door Upper Trim, Shale, Left ........................... 10334527
Door Upper Trim Retainer, Right ...................... 10357837
Door Upper Trim Seal Strip, Left, Shale ..............10334532
Door Upper Trim Seal Strip, Right, Shale ........... 10334532
Door Trim Panel, Left, Shale .............................15259343
Door Insert Panel, Left, Shale ...........................15277527
Door Insert Panel, Right, Shale .........................15277522
Door Map Pocket, Left, Shale ............................10320934
Door Speaker Grille, Right, Shale ......................10320911
Back Panel Trim, Shale, (Waterfall) .................. 15232021
Roll Bar Cover, Left, Shale ...............................10321506
Roll Bar Cover, Right, Shale ............................ 10319784
(URPA) Indicator, Bezel, Shale ..........................10344044
(Trunk) Side Trim, Right ..................................25979695
Windshield Header Trim, Shale ........................ 10352597
Windshield Pillar Trim, Right, Shale .................. 21994518
Vent Grille, Windshield Pillar, Right, Shale ......... 10347233
Sunshade, Right, Shale ................................... 10334541

Last edited:
Great. Just when I needed a drivers side seat back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

554eb01b20cd76bb083af1258fa6c030.jpg

And a driver side arm rest
71ade1e5b5c3be2ff36204cbbe1979f8.jpg

Hawkeye, send that seat cover to Richmond Auto Trim in Houston, they'll repair it just like new. When we bought the car ours had a rub spot like that with a little hole all the way through to the padding. They fixed it just like new. The driver's seat outside panel is wrinkled like crazy, so I might be getting that one done sometime before the first of the year.

Attachments

• 2016-02-08 14.59.42.jpg
    2016-02-08 14.59.42.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 872
I've had quite a few PMs regarding missing parts, which prompted me to start a list.

The following parts are currently not available from GM as of the post date. There may be other parts not listed. Feel free to add any other parts you can identify to this thread.

Note: SMC has some obscure parts for sale. Sorry for the ugliness of the list. All column spacing between the parts and part numbers vanished when posted.

Part Name Part Number

Left HUD Dimmer Switch Assembly 10350594

And I bought one of those shortly after I replaced the right side DIC assembly. It's on my shelf just waiting

Hawkeye, send that seat cover to Richmond Auto Trim in Houston, they'll repair it just like new. When we bought the car ours had a rub spot like that with a little hole all the way through to the padding. They fixed it just like new. The driver's seat outside panel is wrinkled like crazy, so I might be getting that one done sometime before the first of the year.

I second that statement! I've seen some of their work, excellent

Hawkeye, I'd feel very safe in saying there are some excellent upholstery shops in the Daytona area that could easily handle this job. Just ask a few of the guys in your local car club or at any of the car shows you go to there.

Last edited:
Dear Cadillac.

Please take care of this? I mean, ok, we can get the seats upholstered easily.

We can even get cracked body panels fixed, and seat frames welded.

We CAN NOT get a tail lamp or a headlight repaired. Period

Look we love your cars. We love our XLRs.

Some here even spent $100,000 on them.

Do you really want to be embarrassed on the day you announce the $150,000 "xlr 2" by one of us parking our un-reparable 2009 XLR-Vs in front of your world headquarters on the day you announce it?

Do you?

Signed,
Worried about this parts business.

Hawkeye, I'd feel very safe in saying there are some excellent upholstery shops in the Daytona area that could easily handle this job. Just ask a few of the guys in your local car club or at any of the car shows you go to there.

I'm waiting on a response from sargentupholstery in jax fl. A couple months ago I contacted them. I contacted them again and They told me a rough price but really wanted me to bring it in. Then they can give me a better quote. So that's where I stand right now. Thanks again for the quick response.

Dear Cadillac.

Please take care of this? I mean, ok, we can get the seats upholstered easily.

We can even get cracked body panels fixed, and seat frames welded.

We CAN NOT get a tail lamp or a headlight repaired. Period

Look we love your cars. We love our XLRs.

Some here even spent $100,000 on them.

Do you really want to be embarrassed on the day you announce the $150,000 "xlr 2" by one of us parking our un-reparable 2009 XLR-Vs in front of your world headquarters on the day you announce it?

Do you?

Signed,
Worried about this parts business.

:dunno: GM obviously didn't use any of Obama's BAILOUT MONEY for PARTS INVENTORY!!

So, I worked for a company that had some facilities that where reeeealy old.

And they had a small part they couldn't operate these facilities without.

They were buying new parts from this one manufacturer that also had the machine that made that one really old part.

Every once in a while our company would basically have to threaten to stop buying anything new from them to get them to make this one part we really needed, it always worked.

By looking at the manufacture numbers on the site, there are between 8,000 and 10,000 XLRs with the headlight turn signal lens problem. I'm guessing 80% of those can use new headlights for that alone, so it's not like making new ones won't be needed in the future.

And LEDs don't last forever, so Tail lights will be needed in the future for sure.

It's cool that GM and all these manufacturers want to make cool looking headlights and tail lights, they can't leave collectors and people that love cars out in the cold like this and think they will continue to support them.

GM is spending what? Like $600 million on upgrading the Bowling Green plant? Yeah, they can afford to pull the molds and such out of mothballs for at least these 2 parts and crank out a couple thousand of them.

:dunno: GM obviously didn't use any of Obama's BAILOUT MONEY for PARTS INVENTORY!!

Don't think taking care of these things is any part of Johan de Nysschen's plans for Cadillac, & GM has given him free reign over that brand. He would very much like us to park our XLR's in front of HQ -- & lease a CT6 instead.

The only hope is if Mercedes & BMW started taking care of similar issues for their owners. Then, GM might follow, as it typically does for those two.

The problem is, as I was told by the person who pulled the plug on the XLR's, the decision was based on "we aren't running a charity." GM was pulling people from the more profitable Corvette line to stop & make XLR's that they weren't making money on, so the XLR got axed. GM still isn't a charity (at least not in that sense), but a business with a bottom line, & as much as we may be passionate about our cars, it's just another discontinued product to them like Oldsmobile, Saturn, & Pontiac models. They aren't going to make money on parts for us, and they only risk angering at most 16,652 people by not doing anything, less now that any number of XLR's have been worn out or totaled over the years. That's not enough for a GM to care.

I'm super passionate about XLR's & wish there was some way for things to be different, but I'm forced to face reality that any possible help with parts will be tough. Although it would be nice if they released the patents so others could manufacture what we need ...

I'm super passionate about XLR's & wish there was some way for things to be different, but I'm forced to face reality that any possible help with parts will be tough. Although it would be nice if they released the patents so others could manufacture what we need .

...................….....

I agree

My XLR is in awesome shape. Beautiful and every single thing works. So, I traded her in yesterday. I just didn't want to deal with the whole "What if something breaks and I cannot find a replacement" thing.

I don't regret buying her and owning her for awhile, though. :)

ps I also discovered I'm much more a rumble, rumble kind of girl than a smooth Cadillac girl. ha!

My XLR is in awesome shape. Beautiful and every single thing works. So, I traded her in yesterday. I just didn't want to deal with the whole "What if something breaks and I cannot find a replacement" thing.

I don't regret buying her and owning her for awhile, though. :)

ps I also discovered I'm much more a rumble, rumble kind of girl than a smooth Cadillac girl. ha!

I am with you Liz. Sold mine this week. Having some sellers remorse but parts availability really concerns me. takes away from the fun of really driving the car.
Corvette shopping as we speak!

I am with you Liz. Sold mine this week. Having some sellers remorse but parts availability really concerns me. takes away from the fun of really driving the car.
Corvette shopping as we speak!

If you are looking for new, be sure to check out the forum vendors on CorvetteForum. I bought my c7 from Hendrick Chevrolet in KS and flew up there to take delivery.

If you are looking for used, and see any you're interested in over here in DFW, I'd be glad to help check them out.

PM me about your search! Will enjoy seeing you on that side of the house. :) My name is oyealiz, there, too.

If you are looking for new, be sure to check out the forum vendors on CorvetteForum. I bought my c7 from Hendrick Chevrolet in KS and flew up there to take delivery.

If you are looking for used, and see any you're interested in over here in DFW, I'd be glad to help check them out.

PM me about your search! Will enjoy seeing you on that side of the house. :) My name is oyealiz, there, too.

Thank you liz. I appreciate the offer. First thing I see with the new vettes. GM learned nothing about cheap looking interiors from the xlrs. The new vettes leave a lot to be desired also!:(

But the C7 exterior is pretty cool looking. I have to agree on the interior; GM knows how to build great interiors, so it's a shame they don't bring their best to the corvettes, which is their flagship sports car. My XTS never fails to get compliments on the interior whenever someone new rides along. I like the car as much as my former XLR, --just for different reasons.

This place is the second biggest Corvette dealer in the US and flat-out moves inventory. Take a look at their discounted pricing. All cars are kept indoors, and from what I've been told, no test drives allowed.

I'll check them out the next time I'm up there. Anyway, if you can find what you want at a discounted price, it isn't that expensive to have it shipped or fly up and drive it home with all the money you save!

New Corvettes at MacMulkin Chevrolet Cadillac in Nashua, NH | Serving Lowell

Last edited:
But the C7 exterior is pretty cool looking. I have to agree on the interior; GM knows how to build great interiors, so it's a shame they don't bring their best to the corvettes, which is their flagship sports car. My XTS never fails to get compliments on the interior whenever someone new rides along. I like the car as much as my former XLR, --just for different reasons.

This place is the second biggest Corvette dealer in the US and flat-out moves inventory. Take a look at their discounted pricing. All cars are kept indoors, and from what I've been told, no test drives allowed.

I'll check them out the next time I'm up there. Anyway, if you can find what you want at a discounted price, it isn't that expensive to have it shipped or fly up and drive it home with all the money you save!

New Corvettes at MacMulkin Chevrolet Cadillac in Nashua, NH | Serving Lowell

Thanks CC. Will see what they have to offer. Man, they have so many variables in corvettes now, it's hard to know what I want. PRICE will have a lot to do with end result!

Sounds like we need to start a new, separate site for "Former XLR Owners" to discuss their replacement rides, rather than on this site.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom