Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

On- Star question

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hey

So I decided to enable the On-Star in my '06 XLR. The package I'm doing is reasonable; there are several side options to the phone service, which are pretty slick. Called on Thursday, got everything in place and "thought" that that was it. I was given a number in my area code.I made about 5 calls fine. Green light on the right of the Rear View mirror. Yesterday tried to call the car. No go. Tried it from my Cell, and my house and from my Dad's place. No go.

Celled On-Star this AM. directed to Tech support. Spoke with a John . He mentioned that they were having tech problems with the network so he said to call back in an hour. Called back, spoke with Sarah. Ultimately she said that I have a hardware issue, specifically with my car antenna for On-Star. And now the little green light to the right side of the mirror is red.

I do know the Antenna are in the out side rear view mirrors. I do know that my car has the digital component to it for On-Star; they started that in the '06 model year for the XLR. Sarah says to take it to the dealer and they will be able to resolve the issue. I am all good with that BUT am not willing to have another antenna installed if that is required....just does not make sense. The car was designed with the components to function properly.

Question: Did anyone else have an issue like this? If so what was the solution? I do not understand why I can make calls but can not receive calls.

Bill

Last edited:
The antennas for Onstar/onstar cell phone/and factory navigation are located in the black box on passenger windshield.

The antennas for Onstar/onstar cell phone/and factory navigation are located in the black box on passenger windshield.

What's the antennas in the side view mirrors? (At least I thought there was a antenna in them?!)

'06 and up models have the XM/Sirius radio antenna in the side view mirror. Which got rid of the 'wart' on the trunk lid.

What's the antennas in the side view mirrors? (At least I thought there was a antenna in them?!)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom